Quote:

Quote:

If you are complaining about correcting something that could be dangerous, you are really reaching for an excuse

Monte

So I guess that's going to at some point be the stock tires too, wouldn't you think?
Which is why the actual words of the racing body are confusing.

I originally thought "Factory Appearing Stock Tire" meant EXACTLY that. Which it doesn't.
And it sure isn't JUST Lane's front suspension that doesn't appear showroom stock in the F.A.S.T. cars. You have to put blinders on to miss the rollbars, but there are other "deviances" too which make following the acronym's meaning a waste of time.
F.A.S.T. is what it is, it's up to the techs to regulate the rules they are given, and when it's the description that is dwelled upon, well IMO that's just wasting one's time.

They aren't showroom stock appearing any more, but they are STILL fun to watch and follow...

It's got a roll bar, it runs 9s, it should have a full cage and a window net. It has a fuel cell, it should, it runs 9s. And the tires are a concern. I don't know the specs on them, but are they speed rated for 140 . These cars are light years ahead of where anyone thought they would be, so some concessions must be made, in regards to safety and other things. But regardless, they are still major cool

Monte