I beleive they are useing a 460 block for the massive cube motors. They have really tall decks like mopars and big bore capability like nothing else. No cam interfearance like a chevy motor either. There really is no replacement for displacement especially in this kind of class, you can cover up a big cam so it still sounds kinda stock and a big cam is one of the best ways to increase airflow through a restricted engine. We all know the mopar is not really capable of that many cubes but it does naturally have better airflow. Mabey Dave could look into useing a 440 block to get a bigger bore, I would think with some special work it could be made to work and the way I read the rules it would be legal, still not able to get as many cubes as the ford but closer.

As for haveing too much power I seem to recall Dave once said he pretty much floors it right off the line and it is not blowing the tires off anywhere so I would think it could handle more power at the tires. Mabey he will chime in and let us know some of his thoughts, wish I could to afford to run that class, of course if I built a car I would have to trailer it 1000miles to compete, hint hint

I am not causing global warming, I am just trying to hold off a impending Ice Age!