The cubic inch limit won't work, IMO. Cars, like anything that came with a 426 Hemi, would totally dominate the class. You really can't expect anything with a wedge engine to be remotely competitive at that point. Perhaps a big chevy with aluminum heads(and block) in a Corvette or Camaro might get close, but that's probably it.

At this most recent event we tossed around a few ideas. A few things I mentioned were making the cars run at the minumum factory published shipping weight, but NO less. They can be heavier and they can move the weight around(within the rules outlined in FAST), but no super lightweight stuff. One other possibility is a spec fuel for the class.

Like previously stated, the racers themselves aren't complaining about any inequities(at least not publicly, snyway), so perhaps it's best to just leave things as they are. The only potential downside to all of this is that unfortunately there will be some that choose to not participate because the cars have gotten too fast and too exotic. If they are competitive and want to actually run with the big dogs, it is going to take a pretty substantial investment of time and money to get there with what is out there. I have already heard from a few people that were contemplating running in the class now not wishing to participate due to the top being pretty far out of reach. And that is pretty sad, as they are missing out on a whole lot of good competition. I, for one, love heads up sytle of racing.

It's no different than any other type of "unlimited" heads up style of racing. If someone wants to really pull out all the stops, he is going to find himself at the top of the pack. I am sure the subject will be approached in the offseason. I guess we'll see how it plays out.

MB