Of those choices, and for the driver in mind, I'd say Caliber. The Caliber was my second choice when I was shopping last year, and it's a nice little car with great crash test results and a functional interior. I ultimately didn't buy it because I didn't like the way the base models handled, and bought a Honda Fit instead. The Fit is a tad smaller than the Caliber, but that suits me just fine, it's purely a commuter car for me. I just wasn't going to tolerate something that wasn't fun to drive, and IMHO the Caliber wasn't fun. Even the R/T handles only as well as a Honda Ridgeline truck according to one of the auto rags (C&D, IIRC), so it wasn't worth the premium price to me. I think your daughter would probably enjoy an SXT though, and she can fit a ton of family crud in one. Toting two child carseats and a giant stroller is cake in my Fit, so I know you can do the same in the Caliber. Plenty of headroom, and the front seats adjust easily, too. If the Caliber had a better tuned suspension, I would have probably pulled the trigger on one of those, but the Fit just blows it out of the water on any sort of sporting ride quality and in outright cornering. If that's not a real priority, the Caliber looks really good.

Clair