My friend went to the auction today and he said all the "small" economy cars were bringing top end prices. We didn't get anything today.
Talked to a guy who has a 1999 Caravan with 130K miles on it for $3200? He claims it is in excelent condition and has new tires?

The fuel mialage of these newer cars is not really impressive. The kid was driving my 1997 Concord LX with the 3.5L and it averaged 24 MPG, and can get 30 highway, but its about worn out with well over 200,000 miles on it, and almost no repairs. Here is a list of things that needed to be repaired: at 80K - A/C blower motor controller module. At 150K - Fuel Pump. At 160K - ERG valve replaced. At 180K - replaced the struts, cradle bushings, and intake manifold gasket.
I did replace the timming belt, plug wires, radiator hoses, accessort belt, coil pack and water pump as PM at 120K miles. Other than that just regular oil changes, and at every 60K do the trans fluid/filter, sparkplugs, fuel filter, and PCV.
I'm looking to replace the car because the trans started leaking, the brakes need replaced, car needs an alignment (suspension is probbably getting wore out?) and the plastic stuff is starting to become brittle and break, like the headlights and washer resivor.