After being inspired by Cudajon’s post describing his ammeter-to-voltmeter conversion on his Cuda,

https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/show...rue#Post6157320

I thought I’d look into trying the same thing on my Coronet.

The voltmeter Cudajon used has a needle that pivots at the top – an unusual configuration and required in my application.

I bought an identical voltmeter and quickly determined that mounting it in the instrument cluster in place of the ammeter is no big deal.

But unlike Cudajon’s application, I can’t adapt the round Sunpro gauge face for use in the Coronet’s rectangular ammeter space.

So, I disassembled a spare ammeter and determined that the rectangular ammeter gauge faceplate can, with minor modification, be mounted to the Sunpro gauge.

I am proficient at AutoCAD and I can create the voltmeter face in 1:1 scale. I can also copy the font used on the Coronet’s speedometer so the voltmeter text will match the other instruments.

You’d think I’d be home free at this point, right? WRONG!

Here’s my problem: I don’t know anything about graphics and have no idea how to get the voltmeter scale onto my old ammeter faceplate.

I’m considering having a clear decal printed with white text, and simply sticking it on the ammeter faceplate after it’s painted black. A local printing company says they can print the decal for me, but I do not yet know how much this will cost. I also imagine this decal will be shiny and will not match the matte black finish of the existing gauge faces.

Can anyone who is knowledgeable is such matters make any recommendations?

Thanks,

Jim

PS - I can probably post some pics of my progress so far if anyone is interested in trying this in a similar car.