Quote:

This question really depends on the plater.... I was doing a buick GS and had to have the bumpers re-chromed since no one makes them, I used cambridge custom chrome and paid $800 for the rear and $1250 to do the front as it was bent... when they came back, I compared them to an AMD repo I had on the shelf and they were no better in appearance... in fact my AMD repo looked a bit nicer... the rechromed one was a slight bit wavy looking and had some low spots... It looked ok but,for the price I paid (no choice) I was not happy with the rechrome... Another customer brought me parts done by the bumper boyz that were still all rusty and crusty under the chrome on the back side of the peice... horrible job !

choose your plater wisely and let them know up front, in writing that you will not accept anything but top quality work...

the reason it looks "wavy' is that the plater over polished it. he tried to remove deep imperfections and in doing so had to polish so much metal away that it leaves a low spot in the surface. when plated the low spot appears "wavy".

unions....the folks who brought you the weekend!