Quote:

Quote:

i'd rechrome the original.

i tell my plater to keep all the original detail instead of polishing the crap out of my stuff and robbing it of it's original look. overpolished bling is cool for a street rod or harley but i would think replicating the original appearance of a musclecar item would take precedent over bling.

youre talking about a chrome bumper that might be too shiney? what looks bad about a shiney chrome bumper? Id rather have a too shiney bumper than one that I can see gring marks in through the crappy thin plating. I had the bumper on my bird triple plated in 1986 for a boat load of money and it still looks perfect.

have it your way if that's what you like but an over polished bumper looks just as lame as a rusty one in my opinion. i never said to have grind marks showing but rather to leave the original detail.....big difference and one that makes a car look like it should rather than a bling bling turd.

i know i'm new here but this seems to be a no brainer to me. go roll your eyes at someone else. the op asked for opinions and i gave mine.

unions....the folks who brought you the weekend!