Originally Posted By Silver70
I use amd or goodmark, when I checked on going with rechroming, it was more to do 1 bumper than buy 2 new, plus the wait. I know you can do exchanges also, but last time I did that, I got a bumper that looked like someone took an air hammer to on the backside to straighten.

Sure, you get some marks on the inside of rechromed bumpers. They (most) have been straightened! As long as the outside finish is good. Who sees that once on a car?
I have bought quite a few bumpers from Tri-City Plating, and always very happy with price and quality. If I have a real nice core, I will get that one back. I’ve put my name on the inside, that’s how I know. I think they are the best buy!
I had an early Pontiac that Paul’s plated the front bumper, it looked like a piece of jewelry! No waves, or defects, perfect, over the top showcar, just beautiful... but $1700 dollars for that look.
I honestly am not impressed with most of the reproduction bumper chrome, look a bit cheap to me. And of course, this is just my personal opinion...