Quote:

Just as everyone told me, I need aftermarket valve covers with the flange on the inside due to the Harland Sharp rockers I just installed on my stage VI heads. ...

I won't show you a picture, but I've been running HS rockers on my S6 heads with factory covers forever. At first I ovalled the holes and shoved the covers a little toward the intake and used a little (very little) hammer work on the covers. Last time I had it apart I took a close look at things and found it's only the end exh. rockers that interfere and these rockers have extra (unneeded) material in that spot. A little grinding on the 4 end rockers and everything clears fine with factory covers.
If you compare the intake and exhaust rockers, they use the same body, the only difference is where the adjuster is placed. The result of this is excess mass just to keep costs a little lower. I think it's time HS makes dedicated right and left rockers, it would reduce the mass and polar inertia while correcting the clearance problem.

Now to read what others have said...