Quote:

Looking at buying a Hemi car and I want to know what kind of limits I have as far as power. It has a Mopar Performance block, Mopar Performance aluminum heads, Eagle 4.150 stroker crank, Manley 6.965 rods, JE custom pistons, Comp Cams- 24-000-9 Hemi Roller, Comp Cams 929-16 Springs, Comp Cams 8921-16 Roller Lifters.

What is the max I can expect from these heads? Will the bottom end support 1200hp? Any input greatly appreciated. This is my first foray into the Hemi world and want to make sure I'm jumping in with a decent foundation.

The block can handle the hp, but I'd be a little concerned with the crank and possibly the rods @1200 hp. Not that there hasn't been 1000hp+ engines with Eagle cranks, I just don't personally like to run them at that hp level. I've seen lots of 800+ hp engines with the Manley rods, but never in a 1200hp application. I believe Manley rates there race rod to 1000hp, unless that's changed. I'm with Chris that n/a you have around a 850hp +/- assuming the heads are ported correctly and it has enough compression and a decent induction system.

1200hp is a lot of power and demands good stuff to live. I wouldn't have any problem running your engine n/a the way it is, but if you're hanging a 400hp fogger on it, who knows how long it will live. Either way, best of luck and keep us posted on how it goes.