Quote:

My 360 has had an annoying leak from the oil pan ever since I changed over to 8qt mildodon pan last year. I've since tried to replace the gasket with the engine still in the car again to no success, I rtv'd around the whole thing that time which was probably a mistake. Last week I pulled the motor to repaint it and fix the few leaks I have.

What should I put on the pan gasket? Should the cork be dry or should I use some sort of sealant or adhesive? When I built the motor 6 years ago and put on a stock pan, I remember I only used a little rtv in the corners where the cork meets the rubber ends and it seemed to be leak free then....

I have the same issues with my 416" (340) with Milodon pan. Rebuilt motor with 288 miles on it and oil pan starts leaking. Pulled headers and pan, replaced gasket and rear main seal. Then pulled motor for dyno. Made about 8 dyno pulls and no leaks. Installed motor in car and it wasnt fired up for 1 year. After motor was fired up about 3-4 times and wasnt run over 3000 rpm's, the pan started leaking again !

My front and rear seals were on the tall side too. I'm building a 410" (360) right now and using a Milodon pan. Just checked the front and rear seals and they are too tall also. I'm really getting tired of having to modify these after market parts. Headers, starter, distributor, bell housing, rocker arms, and convertible top hoses, just to name a few (high dollar) parts that I had to modify to make fit.