I asked for some input on trying to run the 6.5 index a few weeks back. Seems like there wasn't many that have tried doing it. Here is what I have tried so far. Hopefully it will help someone else.

The rules state no t-stops or delay boxes. I'm trying to knock of about half a second on my ET.
The dominator has 70 degrees of travel from idle to full throttle. I took out 8 rounds on my throttle cable which ended up being 32 degrees at the carb. So I was getting just a little more than 1/2 throttle. I also had it set up to shift at 5200.

As you can see from the graph that set-up really changed things. First it only had enough horsepower to stall the converter to 3800. The second thing that happened was I shifted into high before the van even moved. There is a slight blip at 5200 where it shifted. I made the whole run in high. I wasn't trying for reaction times at this time but trying a get consistent passes. RT's would have been tough to get since the van was a slug off the line.

Also on this run I pretty much blew my rusty headers apart. I don't know why setting up for five years hurt them.

On the pass I ran a 1.488 60', 6.412 @ 108.99. Also the real nice management at Gainesville informed me that if I ran any faster they were going to throw me out. If they don't want me to try and run their 6.5 class.....So be it.

Needless to say, my playback tach has been well worth the money helping to sort things out.