Wow, not sure how to touch this one, tippy toe I guess.

Dave Stuart, Dave Walden and myself did have a very long discussion in Dave Stuarts awesome laid out garage about reproducing BCS and collectively came to the conclusion that it was a bad thing. I can tell you first hand that DS & DW are some of the most honest and upstanding people that I have the privilege to known and feel honored to be considered a friend.

Sometimes dishonest people will question the intent of an honest person because of their own moral short comings.

We also talked about DW reproducing copies of BCS only when an original could be supplied to verify the car "is what it is" and figured even those would hinder the hobby to a certain degree, it might make even the originals suspect. There's no question that a BCS is important and we realize that, is it the best documentation to verify the pedigree of a vehicle? Nope, but it is the most readily accessible.

There is no question DW can make these sheets perfect, here's my original and a copy of one he did for my 3,900 mile original owner Cuda. Not that I need one, I have the original along with the original window sticker and dealer invoice. Here's what he come up with when we were fooling around at his place the last time I was there. BTW, the blank sheet was printed on the original machine by the original supplier.

Here's my original.

5948080-BUILD-SHEET.gif (502 downloads)
Last edited by HEMICUDA; 04/26/10 02:24 PM.