Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

FWIW...my 383 was doggy with the big open chamber 906 heads. With a set of 516s on her now she is a totally different animal and she is running the .474 cam. It DEFINITELY puts you in your seat and will annihilate the tires from a stop.

So my says that you may be very low on compression and that is really all you need to work on.

stock pistons ?

No it has been rebuilt. the problem with the first build and the 906 heads was the KB162 pistons which are something like a mile in the hole with huge 5cc valve reliefs. My compression on the first build was around 7.8:1.

Now it has the same pistons, but the deck was milled 0.020 and with the 516 heads and the felpro gasket i get a CR of 9.2:1 which really woke the motor up.

ok will check specs of those pistons... I'm trying to guess how much will mill down the 452 heads using KB240s on a 400 what suposelly sits .020 or so in the hole, to get around same compression ( 9.2-9.5 rate )... using metallick gaskets of course

( and same cam )

EDITING... they are about the same piston with just simply diff bore LOL... will have to try to reach 84cc, from the initial 90-92cc I got measured... that's around .040 mill job...

With a Charger born in Chrysler assembly plant in Valencia, Venezuela