Well a little update. i went to check timing today with my matco dial back and it seems to not be working... It will flash but with very long pauses in between. Who makes one that works with a an msd box?

So i ended up just popping the distributor out and i looked under the plate and realized one of the advance springs was missing! The remaining spring was the lighter of the factory installed springs. I ended up putting BOTH Mopar perf. Light springs in and stabbed the dist. back in where it was. I had no way to check timing but i did notice when i fired the motor up my rpms went from a previous 700rpm at idle to now 1k at idle,and a noticeabley smoother idle/power..

On test ride it was a night and day seat of pants difference. Now i just need a timing light to see where im at. It looks like she has some potential to make some decent power.

I do notice now when i rev it out and shift from 1st to 2nd 2nd to 3rd it lags quite a bit before it goes into gear. its not a firm shift. is this an adjustment that i can make or do i need a shift kit?

Thanks for the help so far!