I think I already know this answer but any chance they used round rivets for the VIN tag in my 68 RR? I started my restoration in earnest this past weekend and once I got the glass out and pulled the dash, I noticed the rivets on the VIN plate were round. One even has a piece of the pin stuck in it. They appear to be tarnished and have definately been there a while, but I was surprised to see they were not the hex shaped ones. They also look surprisingly similar to the rivets used on all the expert body work I've found on the car. The VIN tag matches the car and the fender tag matches all the options. I have been all over the radiator support and trunk gutters and can't find any stamps at all and they appear to be original parts. Any help on locating these? Also, my motor is not original, but I think I have the original 4spd? Should the stamp on the trans match the last #s in the VIN? And if I find body stamps, these will match the SO# on the fender tag? Any other way I can verify the VIN? I think I know what happened but just want to be sure. The car was 'restored' some time back in what looks like the early 80s. The front corner of the winshield leaked and rusted. The top of the dash has about an inch strip cut out close to the tag and there was a bucket of bondo in there to 'repair' it. I suspect (hope) they may have pulled the VIN tag to do the repair then just popped it back on. I bought it with a title and got a new one in my name about 5+ years ago. Anything to worry about here? Should I go to the step of registering it while I restore? I think I'll make some appropriate rivets to avoid any questions anyway. Any help finding identifying marks would be appreciated. Thanks, Matt

1968 Road Runner hardtop 440 4spd 2010 Ram 1500 Laramie 1992 Ramcharger