Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

The ratio multipler box of 1.5 or 2.0 would in IMO make a power steering box WAY too fast,

I thought so too. But everyone that has driven that Hotchkis Emax Challenger loves it.

I suspect the ratio is likely speed dependant, ie slow speeds a slow ratio, med speeds a fast ratio, and ala superspeedway/nascar speeds, they go back to a slow ratio to likely make more precise steering corrections and prevent oversteering, is my guess.

No, those multipliers are just straight gear reduction boxes. Nothing fancy with variable ratios.

We obviously are on two different pages. Not sure how "variable" ratios got injected. However, it seems to me, that different ratios are favorable for different uses/speeds cars are driven, again slow ratio for superspeedways, fast for med speed track use, slow for around town street and parking. So you pick your poison, unless you can tell me about this variable ratio box for an old Mopar. Make sense?

Reality check, that half the population is smarter then 50% of the people and it's a constantly contested fact.