Quote:

You have covered a lot of areas, but are you sure you do not have any vacuum leaks at the intake that would lean out your fuel mixture at idle causing the temp to rise?

Well this was my train of thought, the car has 17" of vaccum at idle hot in gear (650-700rpm). So i could possibly rule out the intake as leaking. I did re-torque it, it was not loose at all, nice and tight.

I changed the fuel pump, filter, and i'm going to completely take the carb apart and clean it (hopefully i'll find something). If all that checks out ok, i'm going to then concentrate on iginition. Maybe something is getting hot/failing like the ecu, coil, ballast resistor, pick-up. i'll change one part at a time to see if it gets fixed.

If that does'nt work, I TOTALLY GIVE UP!!!

What i have just done:
-flush/drain cooling system (old coolant by the way was like NEW/very clear/clean).
-new rad cap.
-high flow stat 180.
-milodon high flow water pump.
-new heater hoses (were too close to exhaust manifolds).
-new carter fuel pump and new fuel filter.

When i start it, i'll re-adjust the idle mixture with a vac guage, check timing, and

At this point i'd be happy if the car would run 190ish and NOT DIE on me. If it'll hold temp at under 200 when it's hot and not die i'd be happy as a pig in $hit!!!!.

Also today is stupid hot in Toronto, so tonite will be a good test, wish me luck.