Quote:

Is it the newer TF-2 kit that uses the shim and two springs on the regulator valve, or the older TF-2 kit with the single spring?
I think the newer kit has the adjuster backed off all the way for street or street/strip, and tightened up a bit for race. I will have to look through the garage to find the instruction manual?

You should have checked the governor pressure before dropping the valve body out. It could be the sealing rings on the output shaft or sticking governor weights. depending on the year, the filter in the governor may be clogged?

Same Issue - Different Kit
While were on the subject of late shifts - Can you explain further about the Governer Weights - Filter - Governer Pressure

I installed the [Email]B@M[/Email] Transpack many moons ago - As a matter of fact last week i just pulled the Valvebody to replace my Selector Shaft Seal , and i went through the Valvebody looking/making sure everything looked good and within specs , nothing sticking , looked great

My issue is the one/two shift after the Tranny is warmed up and placed in Park/Neutral etc. been an issue for a few years

In order to get it into second after the Tranny is placed in Park or Neutral , then back to first or drive you have to bring up the Rpms way high in first before it will shift

The kicker is , after this initial first time , the Tranny shifts perfect , just like it should in Drive , Low Rpms , even manually first to second no matter what Rpms , it shifts perfect

However anytime i place the car back into Park or Neutral , and then back into Drive or First - I have to bring the Rpms way up to get it to shift into Second Gear (Second / Third has never been a issue)

Then once this initial shift is taken care of High Rpms , i can again shift manually first to second at any Rpm i want - Or Drive it does it likes it supposed to at Low Rpms/Low Mph

So why the High High Rpms on the First/Second Shift Manually or in Drive INITIALLY after placing the Tranny in Park/Neutral ??? Then after that it shifts fine at any Rpm

Doesnt make sense to me
Drives me nuts
Scott

1971 Dodge Charger Superbee
2011 Ram Sport 1500 Quad Cab Deep Water Blue Loaded
Siberian Huskies