Quote:

Where's Doc fiberglass? I bet he knows.

You rang ? ..

To the OP ... you passed on it ? .. how much were they asking for it? I have seen a JY asking as much as 1000$ ...and as little as 125$(with a trans) in a burned-out MH .... toasted because the Berry crab started leaking like a sieve ....and burned the front half of the MH almost to-the-ground !!!

IS this motor usable in a car .....as-is ? If you want a GRUNT motor and if you want to heavily modify the exh mans .. sure. But the entire combo is more suited to a motorhome/truck application.

Should you toss all those parts you mention? ... YEAH ... TOSS 'EM over here ! I am doing some serious R%D with this combo and am saving all these parts I can.

Are the parts that you mention worth saving? ... I say yes. Are they as good as a typical 440 HP combo ? ... probably not - as some would suggest.

But then did the smaller-bore Max-Wedge run pretty good ?

Yup ! ..

""""""""""Had the opportunity yesterday to buy a 413 engine out of a motorhome. It was complete with a holley carb (looked to be one with a governor). I passed on it. It had the industrial waterpump setup on it so I figured the heads, intake, carb, exhaust, were all basically useless. It had a small diameter balancer, didn't look to be externally balanced, but not the same diameter as a steel 440 crank would have had. Do you guys know if the block, crank and rods were useful in an automotive application? """""""""""