As you can see, there really is not much left. The guy cut the kick out off the bottom of the passenger side door and rocker. He was going to cut off the driver side also, you can see the tape line in the 1st picture. It really wasn't much of a loss, the steet metal down there is paper thin and the rockers are non-existant. The frame looks decent, though the front cross member may be ify. Both front and rear suspensions are intact and work. All 4 brakes are froze up. I'm probably going to sell the original suspension. I'll have to get a better look at the frame. I also got all the front chrome and some bent up side chrome trim that can probably be straightened. The flathead is still there too, though probably locked up. I paid $200 for this, I may have been able to deal him down, but currently scrap is at $175 a ton around here, and I think its end was very near.

Supposedly the car was originally one of the western Chi-town burbs cop car back when it was new. There was the remains of a spot light hanging on the driver side piller and a big STOP light amounst the box-o-stuff. The guy I got it from (It was a father/son deal) said it had been sitting in the woods for over 10 years when he got it, he started working on it and its been sitting along the fence for at least 10 years. I can believe that.

My son has been giving me a rough time about the V6 also. I have a slant 6 here that ran great, but I'd have to get a trans. I also have a efi 360 here, but I'd have to buy that truck its in. Then I'd need a trans for that also, don't think the 5 speed from the 3.9 would hold up well behind the 360. The idea was this was suppose to be a cheap, easy to drive ride. Feeding a v6 compaired to the 360 would be a lot easier, that Dakota got 22-24 mpg. That alone may make the difference between going for a ride and sitting home looking at the cool car. I already have 1 cool 360 ride that sat most of last year because I didn't have the money to feed it. Cool is one thing, reality is another. Gene