Well, this thing is real rough, but will work out for what I intended to do with it. I got to post the picyures one per post, so I'm going to drag this out....

The Dakota is still complete, with the 3.9 and the 5 speed intact. It needs a new clutch and a bunch of other maintenance items because the clutch went out April last year and its been sitting in my side yard since. I'm intending on cutting the cab and reusing the floor pan and firewall. There will be a 6 point roll cage (4 post cage and rear kickers) and probably round bar front and rear push bar bumpers.

About the car. Basically, there are no floors in it, from the frame outward is gone on both sides. The guy cut out what looked like rotted trunk pans also. It really is just a shell.

When I got there to load it, he drug it away from the fence line where its been sitting for a long time. The guy runs a well digging place, so once it was up on the blacktop, he brought out the truck with the hoist on it. We wrapped a chain around the engine and picked the front end about 2' off the ground. Around the back, he had a bobcat with forks on it that he lifted the rear of the car on. All I had to do was back the trailer under it and tie it down. Probably the easiest car I've ever loaded. It sure won't be that easy to unload it.

5889623-48coupe006.jpg (131 downloads)