Quote:

I tried 3 setups. First was a Mancini "outside the headers" design. It worked great on the engine stand but wants to take up the same space as the power steering in the car. Next was the flexible dipstick. It seemed to wipe the oil off when pulled around turns and I couldn't read it.

Finally I ordered a stock chrome re-pop stick. it fits between the header flange and tube. The stabilizing tab bolts to the engine mounting bracket bolt. It works fine. Its just a PITA to pull it if the headers need pulled. The engine mount bolt is not easy to get at. And I did need to sand down the end to get it to fit the block.

I don't want o go through with that chrome one again it fought me and when I was done the stick was hard to get in and out. I swear it was triple plated!!!
Did you have to do anything to the Mancini race dipstick to get it to fit in the block?

Also Thanks for the pics 70 Duster...Mine is a B-body and has spool type mounts with manual steering & Hooker headers. I think I can get that to work like you did...