I got my motor running last Saturday on the dyno. My oil filter adapter was leaking, the bypass hose had a leak at the pipe nipple in the intake, one of the freeze plugs in the left head sprung a leak (the originals were never changed) and my carb was only running an 11:1 air fuel ratio (too rich). That was exactly why I decided to test it. I was not dynoing it to see what horsepower I had. I wanted to break in the cam, get it timed so that it would be just a matter of turning the key after it's installed, make sure that I had enough vacuum to run the A/C and that I did not have any other problems before I installed the motor complete with accessories and front suspension in from underneath. The test was a success in that respect. It was worth the trouble and cost when you consider the benefits of breaking the motor in on a dyno before installing it. It would have been a disaster if I didn't discover those leaks until after I had the motor completely in place with the A/C compressor, power steering pump and exhaust.