When I bought my '70 Charger and was ready to restore it, I knew that I wanted it to turn out better than I was able to do myself, but I could not afford to pay the $ 6000 to $8000 . I ended up trading work for the job. As a 18 year journey level carpenter, I built a 2200 sq ft garage for my friend who did the bodywork and paint on my car. Guess who got the better end of THAT deal. His work was fantastic. I offered several times to let him take time saving shortcuts, but he was adamant. He kept saying that his name and reputation was going on the car. It was a complete color change from green to Flame Red, and when it was done, you would think it rolled out of Detroit that color. Panel fitment was better than stock, paint finish was more shiny with almost no orange peel. That was 6 years ago.
My advice is to deal with someone that has a great reputation. NO TWEEKERS ! Never trust your car to a druggie or a guy with money problems. Get a clear understanding of what is expected before the job begins. Good luck.