I just got the shell of my car back after a full rotisserie resto and paint job. It's a really long story, but I'm just looking for other people's experiences after this sort of thing. I'm generally happy with the end result, except for a few minor but glaring issues. I watched VERY carefully over the entire course of the project, they did high quality work except for these few minor areas, really just one, which is mind-bogglingly poor. Other than this, I know how the rest of the work was done, and I'm satisfied with what's under the paint. The particular area in question I THINK they thought it was going to be hidden by another part, and when it wasn't fully covered, it was too late to go back without major additional work. (which they should have done anyway, but didn't)

I guess my main question is, when you got your car back, were you absolutely 100% satisfied, and if not, what sort of concerns did you have? I'm primarily concerned with shell restorations where you as the owner dug in and did the rest of the job once it got home.

I'll never go back to the shop the car came from, so at this point, I'm planning to put everything back together and treat whatever minor issues I discover as spot-repairs after the rest of the assembly is done.