Quote:

Quote:

Von, i wondered if Bean still owned that car. Does it get driven?

Heck no!! AFAIK, the car hasnt been fired since '93 or '94. I dont think he even fired it when he moved it to his house in Glenpool. Ive tried to get him interested in it again, but no luck so far. I know his oil pan is smashed up from hitting something and he is worried about that. Also, I guess he had a small fire of some sort due to an improperly installed electronic ignition harness. Last time I talked with him I offered to come down and help him get the ignition thing figured out. I guess he got that fixed, but I still dont think he fired it. Another thing is Im feel that he was/is disappointed in how it ran........13.40s..... I had a nice converter for sale a year or so ago and you know his car needs a converter BAD. I tried to get him to buy it, but it didnt happen. His combo just needs tweaking, IMO. Gear, 'Vert, heads need checked and a real valve job (Id bet my nuts his heads are totally jacked up, judging by who did the work on them) cam needs to be in really early, etc. He was talking about pulling it out and going through the whole motor again. You know it should go mid 12's at the worst. Most of his troubles can be attributed to his helper, if you get my drift....or old buddy.

I hear ya Thanks for the update. I remembered that he ran a mid 13. If memory serves, that was with some borrowed 4.56s. I cant remember the specifics of the build but seems like it had a 509 and an M-1 single plane on it? Stock coverter? Yikes. Lots of potential. I think the last time i saw him (been years ago), he told me the oil had only been changed once. Hope he keeps it inside,was a really nice car.