Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

YOU GUYZ and your CH4B !

IF that intake is superior to most intakes out there ... THEN WHY didn't Eddy repop that intake AS-IS .. just like it was produced back in the 60's ?

If you look at the results of the 383 intake shootout, the CH4B did very well in 'part 1' where they tested the intakes on stock heads. In fact I think it beat out the RPM in bottom end power IIRC. When they tested the intakes bolted onto a set of CNC ported aftermarket heads, the results were the other way around, but it's all realitive to your head flow and cam specs.

Hey DT ...what does a 383 Shoot-out have to do with a CH4B ? .. the 383 intake that Eddy made that is similiar to the 440 one is a DP4B.

And again I ask ... if what you are saying is true ... why didn't Eddy just REpop these intakes AS-IS instead of all that R&D ? ...

Eddy did just-that with the TM-7 ...and Holley did just-that with the 440 Street Dominator.

Well the DP4B is just the B block version of the CH4B, so yes I am going under the assumption that the flow characteristics between the two is basically the same. I am betting the engineers working for holley used basically the same design for B and RB versions of this intake, rather than starting all over from scratch again.

Nobody is saying the CH4B flows as well as the holley SD, eddy RPM or TM7. In applcations where there is sufficiant head flow to warrant max intake flow, the CH4B would not be at the top of the heap. But when you need a stock height intake, it's a good choice IMO.

Why didn't they repop this intake? Well if you take the CH4B, rotate the carb pad 180*, change it to a spreadbore and add a thermoquad choke well, visusally at least you have an edelbrock performer intake. Maybe they tweaked the intake design a little and gave it a different name so they could keep selling new intakes instead of having everyone going after cheap used pieces? Hey it's possible...