Quote:

Quote:

Sounds like, for whatever reason, there is no power going to headlight switch for regular lighting. I believe there should be 2 12v hot wires going to switch. One heavy gauge for headlamps only, which you have, and a smaller gauge wire coming straight from fuse box. The fact that there is no power getting to the inst fuse when headlight switch is on, kindof seems to show that. Unless the 73 is different from the past.

Would you know where the smaller wire would go on the fuse block? And where does the smaller wire come from? The switch itself?

The only spots open on my fuse block are the "batt" and "acc" on the bottom and then in the very top left looks to be a spot for a spade connector ,not positive though.

I think I know where you are getting confused. Not all fuses on the side marked ACC are switched. The top fuse (cavity 5) is also fed from the BATT side through the dimmer switch and the headlights.
Here is the power source for the fuse cavities:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Battery
6, 7, 8 are switched ACC
One side of Cavity 5 hooks to an 18 gauge orange wire. It goes from the fuse to Pin 6 of the ignition switch harness and jumpers there to another 18 gauge orange wire that goes to the radio connector. It Ys off of there to an orange mold connector that feeds the console gear selector lamp, stereo cassette lamp, ash receiver lamp, etc. The other side of Cavity 5 is the source and is fed by the wiper of the dimmer, 18 gauge tan wire.
Hope this helps.
Someone posted on here a color wiring diagram that would help you a lot. My eyes have a hard time with my shop diagram.
Craig

Last edited by denfireguy; 01/06/10 12:20 AM.

2014 Ram 1500 Laramie, 73 Cuda
Previous mopars: 62 Valiant, 65 Fury III, 68 Fury III, 72 Satellite, 74 Satellite, 89 Acclaim, 98 Caravan, 2003 Durango
Only previous Non-Mopar: Schwinn Tornado