Quote:

Well I just got my wife's 440 back from the machine shop and its time to start picking the other parts for the engine and I need some opinions. My Goal is to use the stock 902 heads and buld as much power as I can so that her 70 Challenger stands a chance against my LS6 Chevelle. I need to stay with a 92-93 octane premium fuel. Can you help me choose some Hyperutectic pistons and a hydraulic cam? I am using stock cast crank and rods.

Thanks
Milan

Milan, i would use the KB quench dome pistons & a cam in the mid-high 230s split on dur. @ 50 with a lift around 500/510 on a 110 (i would look at the VooDoo cams), either a SD or RPM (prefer the SD) with an 850 & 1.7/8 headers, Ron (383man) has a nice set-up & its in the mid 11s with iron heads, he runs on pump gas.

Now don't sink too much in those iron heads, if they need a total going through, you may just want to get some 440Source Stealths with a FT piston, but if the 902s are in good shape & are ready to run, for an added .2 & 2-3 mph, a nice bowl blend & back-cut on the valves should do it, this stuff plus a moderate stall & gears should no doubt spank that LS6