Joe thank you for the kind words about my 63. Yes I use open chamber stock type iron 906 heads. I also use the KB quench pad pistons to get about .042 quench and it runs fine on 92 pump. I use the solid MP .557 cam that had 296 advertised duration and it works great on my 63's 440 for the street. I will say this that it is alot of work using the quench pad pistons and open chamber heads. I had to measure each head chamber depth and each piston pad height. Then I had to do some grining on the chambers to get the quench even on all cylinders. I only used that setup because I got the parts real cheap from my brother. If you decide to use the Stealth (440Source) aluminum closed chamber heads it would be much easier to build a flattop piston zero deck eng and then use Felpro .039 head gaskets with the closed chamber heads. But that said I used the KB quench pad pistons and I spent the time to get even quench and the car runs as good or better then I wanted and I think it still has more in it as I have done no serious tuning yet. At 3700 lbs with a basically stock bottom end 440 and factory iron heads it has run 11.50's @ 116 so far and I drive it to the track as it is my street car driver. I was looking for mid to high 11's so I hit my goal with no trouble. If you have not bought pistons I would think real hard about using the $899. closed chamber heads and get a flattop piston that will sit at zero deck. It will be easier to build. Good luck , Ron

Last edited by 383man; 03/15/08 02:58 AM.