Quote:

Quote:

My GVW is 12,200tk and 18,500tr for a CGVW of 30,700. My trailer is not lettered and it is tagged as a trailer, not an RV

that's the part that confuses ther cops and racers. it comes from the DOT weight regulation of being over 26,000 lb needing a CDL
they skip the part stating
Quote:

except recreational vehicles,

I even registered my dualie for total weight with trailer just to any b/s for groos weight and under tagging that may pop up.

Come to Pa. and get your azz handed to you on pages of a ticket book.Any trailer with GVW of over 9999lbs falls under CDL requirements.They don't care if your hauling Aunt Mary's pie to the local county fair.Any combination that exceeds the titled GVW of the tow vehicle is subject to fines based on the weight exceeding the titled weight.You better hope that the citing officer in a stupid,generous and happy mood.Oh and it's up to his disgression what constitudes a safe amont of flammable liquid being transported other than whats in your fuel tanks:See Pa. placard regulations and thru tunnel travel as well as permissable containers for transport.This crap reads like the 10,000 commandments with Abraham Pife interpeting the laws of Harrisburg