Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Don't forget your DOT medical card, the list goes on

I renewed my Maryland driver's license today (Class C - noncommercial 26,000 and less), and the brochure states:
Quote:

If you are a Maryland non-commercial driver operating a commerical motor vehicle in intrastate commerce (within the state of Maryland) and the vehicle weighs between 10,001 and 26,000 pounds, you are now required to hold and maintain a valid Federal Motor Carrier (DOT) physical card in your possession.

Doesn't that all go back to is the operation in "commerce" i.e. commercial use?

That requirement I believe is now2 nationwide and being enforced, and yes for any commercial driving.

We have a medical cards for our bucket trucks but only needed when we pull the scissor lift on its trailer. My guy got pulled over in Prescott Valley for an inspection (small town trying to generate revenue) the lady cop kept getting madder and madder when she couldnt find a violation to fine us on.

Please, Maryland was the $crew me state, the stole $1000.00 from me for a ticket, which I didn't have time to go back and fight. I just said the heck with it and paid it, I didn't try getting an attorney or anything. DOT sucks