My thoughts are...
There is only a few horsepower difference between having an oil pump with 60psi versus one with say.. 70 or 80psi. Not enough for me to take chances on overheating bearings, journals or rocker gear. Oil pressure doesn't rise at the same rate as rpm. It lags just a tad behind at first because it has to be forced through the oil passages, while the pistons,crank,valvetrain are already spinning fast. If you have close bearing clearances it can be argued either way... for or against it... But not enough oil can lead to overheated oil and burn engine parts.
I like to run bearings a little loose(.002-.003) so I want my pressure to be 65-75 psi at idle hot and.. because I don't run over 7000rpm.
Aftermarket blocks with revised oil passages don't apply IMO. This is for stock blocks and oil pumps because not everyone needs a WORLD block or Indy or Ray Barton oil pump.
I've been building engines this way for ever and ever and never lost a bearing. ..until recently. But that was because of a mistake I made in bearing choices .

25psi@900rpm.. you scare me