There is a link on page one of this post to an earlier Six Pack cam post with this quote from Paul "Beeware" Petcou:

Quote:

The Mr Six Pack Cam is the closest I've found to the orignal low taper six pack cam that Mopar made for us in 69, its not just lift and duration, there was a diffrent lobe used on this cam, all of the current blueprint cams that I've checked are not ground on this lobe even the one marketed by Mopar and yes I have track tested, it does rev a little higher and throttle a little faster and the midrange is stronger than the over the counter generic blueprints that I've used.

Is Beeware saying here that the factory Six Pack cam had a different profile than the standard HP big block cam? The DC manuals list it as having the same specs, just a lesser taper on the lobes, and larger radius lifters. Or, is he referring to the Mr. Six Pack cam as being different; it's not clear from context.

The reason I ask is that I have a NOS Six Pack cam and lifter set that I bought back in '75 when I bought my Roadrunner. I never installed it. It is a '71 part number cam.

So, is there a difference such that I should be thinking of installing the NOS cam in my engine (which is currently in stock form with TRW six pack replacement pistons, and a one bolt standard HP cam), or should I save the NOS as a curio and buy a Mr. Six Pack cam?

Robert

AAR 4-speed 3.91, Tor-Red;
70 440 6 pack Roadrunner 4-speed 3.54, Plum Crazy;
68 Formula S conv 383 4-speed 3.23, Electric Blue;
69 Barracuda conv Slant 6 OD4 2.94, 71 B5 Blue;
78 Lil' Red Truck, Red;
70 Challenger S/E. 505 6 pack, Passon 5-speed, 3.55, B7 Blue