Quote:

Seems like every old mopar I ride or drive in, they just vibrate (sort of like worn out U-joints).
My AAR does the same, and I hate the junker feeling it conveys when driving it...I replaced the u-joints, had the driveshaft balanced. Although better, it's still there. Just sitting (not moving) the steering wheel/column just resonates when running the engine through various speeds (i tried another factory harmonic damper)- still does it. Every time I talk about this with my friends, it seems like it's an accepted fact.
I can't stand it anymore - other than the obvious, what are some things I can do to smooth my car out? I haven't touched the rearend (8 3/4), but I wonder if changing pinion/axle bearings is necessary?
Thanks for any input!

look at accesorys on the engine (alt, waterpump, ect.) it is very often over lookedfor light (or heavy vibration in park). but many older cars just had some vibration, not as much isolation like newer cars they kind of evolved starting in the early 70's from being powerhouses to cruisers remember that it takes alot to have all the creature comfort in an old car that the newer ones have.