Quote:

Quote:

Seems like every old mopar I ride or drive in, they just vibrate (sort of like worn out U-joints).
My AAR does the same, and I hate the junker feeling it conveys when driving it...I replaced the u-joints, had the driveshaft balanced. Although better, it's still there. Just sitting (not moving) the steering wheel/column just resonates when running the engine through various speeds (i tried another factory harmonic damper)- still does it. Every time I talk about this with my friends, it seems like it's an accepted fact.
I can't stand it anymore - other than the obvious, what are some things I can do to smooth my car out? I haven't touched the rearend (8 3/4), but I wonder if changing pinion/axle bearings is necessary?
Thanks for any input!

Well, if it vibrates just sitting there, you can eliminate anything past the flywheel / torque convertor on the back side and you have already eliminated the balancer on the front side. That leaves: engine ( rotating assembly), flywheel or flexplate & torque convertor, unhealthy motor - includes partial miss or one cylinder down on compression or flat cam. Since it is the easiest to trouble shoot, I would proceed with the last item first ( verifying that the motor is healthy and hitting on all 8 holes evenly. In that regard, you might want to start with an rpm drop test. Next you might want to physically look at the flexplate and torque convertor for loose bolts / missing weights.

You forgot motor or transmission mounts..