Quote:

You budget minded people are not looking at the whole picture. You must have never had to try to replace the entire wiper system with the dash in place. Save money on stuff you can get to and unbolt in a few minutes. If the car is apart, there is no way I am going to not replace with correctly restored parts the wiper assembly, master cyl. and heater box and dash assembly.

I love my time and efforts and arms and hands and skin too much to do it more than once. And even though everyone in being nice, as soon as you look at the painted wiper motor you know what you are thinking.

If your budget is too tight to restore the wiper motor and never have to touch it again you need a different hobbie. After years and thousands and thousands of dollars to paint your car and you skip the wiper motor???

Not everyone has a spare $300 for a wiper motor!

I agree Jules is the master and when I can afford a car that is both rare and desireable, I will probably pony up the 3 bones, but on a 67 Belvedere with a factory slanty, I just cannot justify the expense.

$300 will rebuild a front end, buy a driveshaft for the 383 conversion, put a 3:55 in the 8 3/4 or put an exhaust under the car.

67 Belvedere II 225 Slant Six 383 on the stand The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. - Thomas Jefferson