Quote:

Here is a tip, send it to Jules and never have to deal with it again. Do it right once. 3 speed wiper motors look really bad, and cheap unless they are done correctly.

Jules is the top choice, but if you are on a budget (like I am), you can do a decent job on your own.

Remove the cover on the transmission.

Clean the entire assembly using a Scotch Brite pad.

Clean the cover for the transmission and the harness with 409 or Simple Green.

Carefully tape the motor portion off as well as the part where the cover was. Paint this with Eastwood Aluminum (or equal). Remove the tape and allow this to dry for 2-3 days.

Using a painters tape, tape off the newly painted portion and spray the body - here is the point of contention - black. Some should be zinc chromate, so the Eastwood system would work, but I like Black. It my car after all.

Clean all of the hardware on a wire wheel (polish the ground strap). and reassemble. Retape the harness and there you go. I think my motor looks decent and it only cost about 20 bucks to do. That gives me more $$ for the budget!

5610417-wipermotor.JPG (110 downloads)

67 Belvedere II 225 Slant Six 383 on the stand The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. - Thomas Jefferson