Just depends on the dyno. 340Ricks old 416 W5 on pump gas made 676? on Kammer & Kammer's dyno. That was pretty basic mild combo. On that dyno, it would have been pretty easy to make couple changes to motor & hit 700+.

If combo's are not ran on same dyno, there is no sense in trying to compare #s.

I see over on Yellowbullet one of this years Engine Masters competitors talking about how for some reason this year the dynos @ the contest are reading way low for everybody, & I pretty much figured that out after day 1. There's a pair of dyno's that are reading different this year compared to last..... Maybe they are new DTS's but I doubt it, I assume they are the exact same ones as used for last couple years & for some reason they now read lower than in years past?

That's why I always ask potential customers 2 questions whenever they start spouting off about how much HP they "need" or "want".... I ask how much is car going to weigh, & how fast does it need to go? & I know based on experience what it will take to make it run the #. Sometimes what they want is unachievable... often times they are surprised when I tell them, Oh you don't need nearly as much power as you think to run those #'s. Everyone with a 3000-3100LB car thinks they need 700 HP to run a 9.90 or 10.0... & you don't.

Don your W5 motor put on Kammer&Kammer, or BES's Dyno would make at least 690's as it sits, throw a vacuum pump on or maybe convert intake to 4500 flange & it would be easy over 700 on those dynos. It's just a # & is'nt worth arguing about.