Quote:

1969 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray LT2 454 V8 465 ** 10.6 132 MT

4th on the list, is this supposed to be a real car from 1969 or some ones fantasy?

Memory is not as long as it needs to be on this one, but wasn't the 'LT2' another name for the L88 in 69? That '454' might be a typo and should say 427?

I could see an L88 Vette being that high up on that list.

And on that Edelbrock engine build up. I would have given Chevy the easy win on that one before reading it. Edelbrock is essentially a Chevy company that decided it could make money on other brands if they threw some stuff into the market. I still think the Edelbrock head for the 440 is a poor design in some important ways, AND being a Chevy company i would assume they had a lot more time to play around with improving the BBC, and more total design time in that head. Also factor in the bajillions ov well known, proven combos for the 454, compared to the (maybe) hundreds ov well known, proven combos for the 440, and i would have assumed the Mopar would have had its ass handed to it.

I think that shootout went a long way to proving how superior the BBM is to the BBC. Both were designed 45 years ago, and the builds didn't stray too far, so i think it proves the Mopar was closer to modern thinking than the Chevy. If Mopar had bothered with quench and had even the most primitive balancing specs back then, it would have been a legend on par with the hemi.

I was very surprised at how well the Mopar did. Goes to show how easy it is to make a Mopar fly. Just leave the junk antique pistons out ov the build and balance the damn thing!