Quote:

I knew a couple of ls6 chevelles that would beat a big block mopar and your unbeatable hemi no problem.. I had a 69 442 400-360 hp with 3.73 gears, started out stock about 14.30's and with a little work got to run consistant 13.80's on "real" street tires, and I felt like KING KONG. I could whack about anything I raced on the streets, 440 GTX's 396 Chevelles,Novas and Camaros, Cobra Jets, Didn't matter, until I ran a Hemi Orange 6 Pack Super Bee and He made a believer of me . I said "I'm a gonna get me one of them there Mopars without hood hinges" and I did, but mine was Green. With a small amount of work, the 6 packs would run deep in the 12's. Probably the best "Factory Street Racer" there was. These cars held the National records in their classes back in the day, before all the factoring crap and "replacement parts" they allow to brand x today in Stock. lol

i really dont think there was a big block chevy in the country that was built for the same class that could out run a properly tuned hemi. i have an old friend that used to be sponsored by chrysler and all he ran was the hemi's. he said from the factory he was getting beat by the chevies and he couldnt figure out why. he checked the compression and it was a little under 10.1. he then made an offset bushing for the rod and it pushed the piston up for compression and he said the hemi came alive. he spent countless weekends massaging the pistons to exactly fit the head and a few other tricks and no chevy could beat him in his class. but my question is about big block wedge motors. a freind just built a 550 chevy using factory block and factory oval port heads and it made 758 hp. can a wedge motor do that is what i want to know. he said no way a mopar can make that kind of power with factory heads. i would love to prove him wrong.