Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

If you'll pm me some info on when they were purchased and what was missing I will pass it along to the department managers. Also if they had any stampings or paint mark would be helpful. If you get another one with an issue send me a pm so I can get some info from you and address it with those involved as well as getting you whatever is missing.

I called the tech line a BG just two weeks ago.
It was a missing a C clip and a little V.S. stuff.
I was going to fix it myself but the tech said to
ship it back. I wasn't going to pay back shipping
on a new carb out of the box. So I sent it back to
Jegs. Now I have a another new one. So far so good.

The other carb was the 825 Race Demon. I thought
it was a bad front bowl, and the tech says send it back. Again I prefer to fix it myself rather
that pay shipping both ways and buy extra parts I
don't need. Come to find out it's a odd sized
pin holding the float in. Over time it would not stay in the slot. I go to the local parts store
and get a pin as close to the size as what should
be in there. With a little cutting down and fine
sanding it to fit, now the float works great.

I still think 9 out of 10 items purchased today are junk or bad Q.C. and will not last 2 years.

Example: My Sony DVR player is just shy of 2
years old and the P.O.S. is junk already.
It will cost more to fix than to get a new one.

I can get out the old Kodak Brownie 300 film
projector, and toss on the old 8 MM film and
for a machine that's over 50 years old, it runs
just as good as when it was new.

I like my new Speed Demon 750 V.E. annular booster
carb. Again the midrange is great.

Make a good product and you will make good money.

Typically when there is more then 1 part missing or a major component with issues the guys have been trained to get the carb back here just to make sure there is nothing else wrong with it and also to have it ran across the flow bench again for safety sake. We do pay the shipping back but like everybody elses warranty policy the customer pays it in. Should you have an issue down the road with another one let my know and I'll see what I can do.

then shouldn't you send a pick up lable at your cost and return it at your cost?

I have owned a few BG carbs and one thing I have seen is the metal in the main bofy is extremely soft and the threads can be stripped very easy.

Our warranty is no different then that of our competitors in that theirs all state the item must be returned with the shipping prepaid. This is also the norm in many other industires as well and some companies even make you jump through hoops just to send something back to look at period.

In regards to the metal in the main bodies we have always used quality U.S. zinc even when some of the others went to China for theirs. I think part of it has to do with the fact we use an allen head as opposed to a slotted screwdriver and you can apply more force but quite awhile back we did change over and start putting heli-coils in the main bodies to help eliminate this happening.

Technical Support Barry Grant, Inc. www.barrygrant.com