Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Don't know much about Holley's situation but recently I decided to give Barry Grant another chance and it backfired on me.Having used BG's stuff for many years with great success about 6 years ago we had a rash of regulator issues,from missing parts to schrapnal,then came the crap in the carbs,followed buy a match set of flowed carbs for a blower application(nice paper work) but carbs were not even close,not even jetting,followed up by a BG400 that almost cost me my Hemi race car.It's still setting on the shelf as a reminder.At the Mopar Nat's I needed a new pump and bought a BG220 put it on and it peeed all over,got a second 220 to replace it and it did the same.I respect Barry Grant and what he has done for racing and his techonology is second to none but at this point my confidence level is quite low.On a positive note I have used his carbs on quite a few builds with great success after giving them my own"BG Treatment" or "BGR Treatment"Hopefully his product will regain my confidence in future,the man,Barry Grant will always have my respect.

Do you still have the 220 pumps? If so we need to get them corrected for you since it should have been a warranty issue and you can send them in along with a copy of this thread to the attention of the tech department.

How long has it been since you last tried our carbs and had to go into them?

It has been 4 years since I have tried any BG stuff,the 220 were this year about a month ago.My supplier told me to send them to BG for warranty but recalling a warranty issue from 4 years ago I told him he could deal with it since the last warranty job that was done through a BG dealer cost me the same as a new 400 pump would have cost and the didn't fix the pump.It was returned in the same condition that almost cost me my Race car.That's the one one the shelf that is in plain sight to remind me. After being snake bit a few times,I'am very careful.Also I delt with Barry himself on a 1100 CFM dominator years ago that he said would be my ticket on my Hemi.At the time it was $1200 and the agreement was that if it didn't do what he said I would get 100% of my money back.Well,I went for it and loss 2tenths on my car,loaned to another racer with a 500" wedge and he lost over 2tenths,and tried it yet on another wedge with the same results.Needless to say he got his carb and I got my money back.My stock Holly 1250 dominator with my tweaking is a 1/2 second faster that is on the car now.Don't take this as bashing BG at all it's the plain and simple race experience from the real world.As I have said before I have great respect for Barry and his products and techonology and think he is an awsome person to have overcome so much and yet keeps on developing race engineered parts,his quality control and some of his workers need to be as deligent as Barry

You had me right up to the point that you tried to say the repair on a 400 pump cost as much as a new one. I have seen others post this only to have us find out who they were and pull the paperwork to show otherwise. I am sorry you had problems with our products but that statement is simply not true in that a new 400 pump sells for over 400.00 and the most a full rebuild on one costs is 179.00 plus shipping which is less then half of the cost of a new one. Guess that is part of the problems brought on by the internet now though as people can post whatever and others believe everything they read. 4 years ago prob no chance for us to find the paperwork but 400 repairs have always been no more then 1/2 the cost and there has been no price increase in them. A full bottom end rebuild is 125.00 and if it needs a motor it is another 54.00 which is where the 179.00 figure comes in.Who was the supplier on the 220's? You can pm me if you dont wish to post it.

Technical Support Barry Grant, Inc. www.barrygrant.com