Moparts

Holley Files bankrupt again

Posted By: Bob_Coomer

Holley Files bankrupt again - 09/28/09 11:37 PM

in two years...........
http://www.reuters.com/article/bankruptcyNews/idUSN287294020090928
Posted By: Chris'sBarracuda

Re: Holley Files bankrupt again - 09/28/09 11:52 PM

Didn't you hear the "assigned" news media say the recession was over and everything was all good?

Chris.
Posted By: Sixpak

Re: Holley Files bankrupt again - 09/29/09 12:38 AM

Doesn't surprise me, when a set of 6 pak carbs runs well over $1000......
Posted By: W5Duster436

Re: Holley Files bankrupt again - 09/29/09 12:46 AM

Quote:

Didn't you hear the "assigned" news media say the recession was over and everything was all good?

Chris.

You're killin me!
Posted By: dusturbd340W5

Re: Holley Files bankrupt again - 09/29/09 12:51 AM

Quote:

Doesn't surprise me, when a set of 6 pak carbs runs well over $1000......

with all the present day carb builders like Quick Fuel that all there carbs come with billet metering blocks and billet base plates just plain out a better carb for less money than a plain ole Holley doesn't surprise me one bit Holley needs to get a clue.
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: Holley Files bankrupt again - 09/29/09 12:56 AM

Filing bankruptcy does not necessarily mean they are broke. It is an easy way to stick all your creditors and come out clean.

For me the question is....How in the hell does Barry Grant stay in business with all the junk he sends out the door?
Posted By: jcc

Re: Holley Files bankrupt again - 09/29/09 01:04 AM

Which also means NOS, Hooker Weimend and Flowtech.....
Posted By: SRT6776

Re: Holley Files bankrupt again - 09/29/09 01:16 AM

Quote:

Filing bankruptcy does not necessarily mean they are broke. It is an easy way to stick all your creditors and come out clean.

For me the question is....How in the hell does Barry Grant stay in business with all the junk he sends out the door?

Thing is, this is their second attempt. They already did the "stick it" hustle in 2008.

Gotta say, its not looking good for Holley. Expect some major changes, or a very possible chapter 7 liquidation filing like Crane just did (now owned by S&S Cycles)
Posted By: Anonymous

Post deleted by Defbob - 09/29/09 02:21 AM

Posted By: Leigh

Re: Holley Files bankrupt again - 09/29/09 02:39 AM

Since nothing has had a carb since 1985, it is destined to be a dying genre. As any niche market, only the premier manufacturers will survive.
Posted By: patrick

Re: Holley Files bankrupt again - 09/29/09 11:59 AM

well, holley did do a fair amount of OEM work as well. every throttle body on a 3.9/5.2/5.9 magnum was made by holley. don't know about newer stuff though.
Posted By: Bigcube

Re: Holley Files bankrupt again - 09/29/09 12:20 PM

Quote:

I believe it is the combination of many things, like the recession, lots of people laid off and can't afford to buy parts, and all of the boutique carb shops that are taking business away from the once dominant Holley brand. Oh, and more people moving towards EFI.

The only thing is most of these boutique carb shops start with a holley carb. If they go, then the most of the shops won't have any "new" raw material to work with.
Posted By: moparniac

Re: Holley Files bankrupt again - 09/29/09 12:33 PM

I guess well all be using BG stuff soon!
Posted By: theclutcher

Re: Holley Files bankrupt again - 09/29/09 02:13 PM

Or Kinsler...

Re: Holley Files bankrupt again - 09/29/09 09:53 PM

Quote:

I'll part my car out before I will ever put anything from Barry Grant on it.
Posted By: Dragula

Re: Holley Files bankrupt again - 09/30/09 12:48 AM

Quote:

Quote:

BG = Barely Going....
Posted By: mr_340

Re: Holley Files bankrupt again - 09/30/09 04:40 AM

I guess that might explain why Holley had several engineering jobs on the SEMA website. Maybe they bailed out or got cut earlier? Still, I might take a job like that just to learn as much as I could. I wouldn't look for a house up there, or not anytime soon.
Posted By: TechAtBG

Re: Holley Files bankrupt again - 09/30/09 02:48 PM

Quote:

Our quality has improved quite a bit over the last couple of years as times have gotten tougher in addition to overhauling the customer service end of it. Although we wont always be able to make everybody happy we do have a lot more satisfied customers then we have had in the past.
Posted By: AndyF

Re: Holley Files bankrupt again - 09/30/09 02:56 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Our quality has improved quite a bit over the last couple of years as times have gotten tougher in addition to overhauling the customer service end of it. Although we wont always be able to make everybody happy we do have a lot more satisfied customers then we have had in the past.

Tech, that is good news. I once got a set of BG carbs for a magazine article I was supposed to write. The carbs didn't work at all and when we opened them up to check it out we found a bunch of metal shavings inside.

Re: Holley Files bankrupt again - 09/30/09 03:07 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Tech, that is good news. I once got a set of BG carbs for a magazine article I was supposed to write. The carbs didn't work at all and when we opened them up to check it out we found a bunch of metal shavings inside.

The shavings problems were a couple of years ago and we have admitted to and addressed what was done to help correct them on a lot of the other boards. Also around that time Barry cleaned house in the Tech department along with some other changes to better serve the customer.

Some of the changes made to deal with the shavings were:
[1] A timed ultra sonic wash machine was added to clean the metering blocks in.
[2] We found the gaskets were picking shavings up from the work surfaces so we built enclosed dispensors and mounted them above the benches.
[3] Assembly benches had vacuum systems added to them to pull any material away during htis process.
[4] The way just machined parts were being stored and carried throughout the building was also changed and wire meshed baskets were added.

We have added several other steps as well and continue to tweak on the QC end of things.

My office will randomly pull carburetors after being assembled and take them completely apart looking for even the smallest of things and then have meetings with the involved department managers to discuss these findings as well as letting them know where other areas have improved.

We have also added julian date codes tot he boxes so we can track when a carb was built and most recently implemented a paint and stamp system on individual parts so if an issue arises we can go direclty back to the employee involved.
Posted By: scottb

Re: Holley Files bankrupt again - 09/30/09 04:47 PM

My brother bought a brand new speed demon a few yr before his car was done once the car was done installed the carb brand new out of the box .That thing was so rich we changed power valves played with the air bleeds carb is still way fat and pops and misses all the way down the track install a used holly car runs great .I told him to call Barry Grant they said we cannot help you carbs to old nice custmore service .Barry grant will never get a dime from me and I tell everybody about that piece of $hit carb.Remember 1 bad custmore will tell 100 people 1 good custmore might tell 2 you need to make it right with him over $500.00 for that piece of $hit
Posted By: W5Duster436

Re: Holley Files bankrupt again - 09/30/09 04:53 PM

Quote:

My office will randomly pull carburetors after being assembled and take them completely apart looking for even the smallest of things and then have meetings with the involved department managers to discuss these findings as well as letting them know where other areas have improved.

OBA - Out of box audit. this should be done on at least 10% of daily production.
Posted By: jcc

Re: Holley Files bankrupt again - 09/30/09 07:31 PM

Quote:

Quote:

OBA - Out of box audit. this should be done on at least 10% of daily production.

Not my speciality, but what is the 10% based on? Shouldn't it be based mainly on the failure rate on those that are checked?
Posted By: jim sciortino

Re: Holley Files bankrupt again - 09/30/09 08:08 PM

Quote:

Chris.

We need you on Yellow Bullet "political" ASAP.

Re: Holley Files bankrupt again - 09/30/09 08:13 PM

Guys this is just the "next step" from the LAST time they declared--it is no big deal--the bankruptcy plans have a life and many many steps involved--some guys are trading equity for whatever etc-- It is just some trick to get to the next step etc I heard that Holley had actually put up more $$ in house for certain areas and projects and departments etc--they ain't going anywhere---prices will go up but you can still get Holley stuff---
Posted By: rickstershemi

Re: Holley Files bankrupt again - 09/30/09 10:50 PM

Where's Monte on this one....

Rickster
Posted By: Monte_Smith

Re: Holley Files bankrupt again - 10/01/09 05:34 AM

Quote:

Rickster

Right here, and as usual seeing that most have no clue about what is really going on. True, we(Holley) filed bankruptcy last year and again this year. But this is NOT a "stick it to the creditors" as somebody posted. This is all about bonds, interest and payments and as mentioned, is a long process. Years ago, when some guy who will remain nameless was the president of Holley and purchased all those other companies, he did not plan for the future at all and assumed that sales would remain at the top. All these type purchases are done with bonds. When sales drop off enough, that you don't have enough capital, to pay the interest on the bond payment, something has to be done. That something is filing for a certain type bankruptcy, which is merely a restructuring of payment schedules and amounts to the bond holders. This allows income to be used to help advance the company, instead of just making bond payments. Holley is doing fine and will be here for years to come. Both Holley and NOS have many new products coming out that will be revealed at SEMA. We are hiring new engineers and it is business as usual. Like my bosss just told me, "we sell millions of dollars worth of parts a month, just not as many millions as in the past". Like I said, Holley is fine and don't look for them to go away anytime soon.

Monte

Re: Holley Files bankrupt again - 10/01/09 02:39 PM

Quote:

My brother bought a brand new speed demon a few yr before his car was done once the car was done installed the carb brand new out of the box .That thing was so rich we changed power valves played with the air bleeds carb is still way fat and pops and misses all the way down the track install a used holly car runs great .I told him to call Barry Grant they said we cannot help you carbs to old nice custmore service .Barry grant will never get a dime from me and I tell everybody about that piece of $hit carb.Remember 1 bad custmore will tell 100 people 1 good custmore might tell 2 you need to make it right with him over $500.00 for that piece of $hit

have him send it in along with a copy of this thread and a not about the combination it is for and exactly what it was doing and we will take a look at it.

Re: Holley Files bankrupt again - 10/01/09 02:39 PM

I don't know anything about Holley's finances but I do know that last year I worked with a great guy at Holley to get some carbs for a book and magazine project. This year that guy is gone and when I call the Holley phone number all I get is voice mail hell. There doesn't appear to be anyone there to answer the phone. (maybe I should give BG a second chance?)
Posted By: ZIPPY

Re: Holley Files bankrupt again - 10/01/09 03:31 PM

That's the exact same experience I had with my contact at Crane right before the bomb dropped.
Posted By: B G Racing

Re: Holley Files bankrupt again - 10/01/09 03:40 PM

Don't know much about Holley's situation but recently I decided to give Barry Grant another chance and it backfired on me.Having used BG's stuff for many years with great success about 6 years ago we had a rash of regulator issues,from missing parts to schrapnal,then came the crap in the carbs,followed buy a match set of flowed carbs for a blower application(nice paper work) but carbs were not even close,not even jetting,followed up by a BG400 that almost cost me my Hemi race car.It's still setting on the shelf as a reminder.At the Mopar Nat's I needed a new pump and bought a BG220 put it on and it peeed all over,got a second 220 to replace it and it did the same.I respect Barry Grant and what he has done for racing and his techonology is second to none but at this point my confidence level is quite low.On a positive note I have used his carbs on quite a few builds with great success after giving them my own"BG Treatment" or "BGR Treatment"Hopefully his product will regain my confidence in future,the man,Barry Grant will always have my respect.
Posted By: 1Fast340

Re: Holley Files bankrupt again - 10/01/09 03:47 PM

i dont know about holleys moneyproblems, i do hope they get sorted out in a good way, but i have to say im not impressed with the techhelp i got asking for a blowercarb, not that i got treated bad in anyway but i could easily get better advice from anyone with a catalog and some comon sense..
i wish holley had more personel like monte smith,that has a clue about what they are doing!
Posted By: Monte_Smith

Re: Holley Files bankrupt again - 10/01/09 04:10 PM

Quote:

I don't know anything about Holley's finances but I do know that last year I worked with a great guy at Holley to get some carbs for a book and magazine project. This year that guy is gone and when I call the Holley phone number all I get is voice mail hell. There doesn't appear to be anyone there to answer the phone. (maybe I should give BG a second chance?)

There were layoffs last year and a lot of people were let go. In the future Andy, if you need something like this, let me know and I can get the direct line to the guy you need to talk with. The guy that handles this sort of thing is my boss.

Monte
Posted By: moper

Re: Holley Files bankrupt again - 10/01/09 04:12 PM

It's typical in restructuring debt to have filings like this. I dont believe it' sall rosie.. somethign tells me the perforamnce side of Holley might be ok but any suppliers of the big 3 are hurting as a result of the pleasure of dealing with them. They mention the Caterpillar deal falling through... I can also tell you, NO company, when it's having issues, will tell it's employees the full truth. Not one. So I wouldnt doubt everything Monte says is fact as he knows it.

As for BG... It will take time before I try again. Of the 4 or so cars that ran them that I had to debugg.. They all had issues from "hanging chads" left from the small hole dirlling in the metering blocks to the obigatory stuff in the bowls. The last one was last year. Took it out of the plastic myself and opened it up. I got a bunch of glitter on my finger. Small bits, almost dust particales but a film of them. Cleaned both bowls out, checked for "chads" and proceeded to run it and it was fine. I do not consider them ready to run out of the box. I applaud your efforts but how about just giving everything a bath after machining? I know chemicals are hard to make use of, but seems like basic washing witha high volume of solution rather than the vibratory cleaning might work better. What I found was residue. Not machining chunks in the bowl.

Re: Holley Files bankrupt again - 10/01/09 05:53 PM

Monte - I'll shoot you a PM. I'm working on my second book at the moment and there is a chapter in it on carbs and intakes for SB and BB Mopar engines. I can use some help with pictures and product. The guy I used to work with appears to be gone and the phone line in marketing just rings thru to voice mail.

This isn't just Holley of course. The guy I worked with at Edelbrock on the last book is gone. The guy I worked with at Crane for years is gone.
Posted By: rickstershemi

Re: Holley Files bankrupt again - 10/01/09 06:06 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Rickster

Right here, and as usual seeing that most have no clue about what is really going on. True, we(Holley) filed bankruptcy last year and again this year. But this is NOT a "stick it to the creditors" as somebody posted. This is all about bonds, interest and payments and as mentioned, is a long process. Years ago, when some guy who will remain nameless was the president of Holley and purchased all those other companies, he did not plan for the future at all and assumed that sales would remain at the top. All these type purchases are done with bonds. When sales drop off enough, that you don't have enough capital, to pay the interest on the bond payment, something has to be done. That something is filing for a certain type bankruptcy, which is merely a restructuring of payment schedules and amounts to the bond holders. This allows income to be used to help advance the company, instead of just making bond payments. Holley is doing fine and will be here for years to come. Both Holley and NOS have many new products coming out that will be revealed at SEMA. We are hiring new engineers and it is business as usual. Like my bosss just told me, "we sell millions of dollars worth of parts a month, just not as many millions as in the past". Like I said, Holley is fine and don't look for them to go away anytime soon.

Monte

Figured a call-out was in order to put the rumors and speculation to bed....

Rickster

Re: Holley Files bankrupt again - 10/01/09 08:18 PM

Quote:

It's typical in restructuring debt to have filings like this. I dont believe it' sall rosie.. somethign tells me the perforamnce side of Holley might be ok but any suppliers of the big 3 are hurting as a result of the pleasure of dealing with them. They mention the Caterpillar deal falling through... I can also tell you, NO company, when it's having issues, will tell it's employees the full truth. Not one. So I wouldnt doubt everything Monte says is fact as he knows it.

As for BG... It will take time before I try again. Of the 4 or so cars that ran them that I had to debugg.. They all had issues from "hanging chads" left from the small hole dirlling in the metering blocks to the obigatory stuff in the bowls. The last one was last year. Took it out of the plastic myself and opened it up. I got a bunch of glitter on my finger. Small bits, almost dust particales but a film of them. Cleaned both bowls out, checked for "chads" and proceeded to run it and it was fine. I do not consider them ready to run out of the box. I applaud your efforts but how about just giving everything a bath after machining? I know chemicals are hard to make use of, but seems like basic washing witha high volume of solution rather than the vibratory cleaning might work better. What I found was residue. Not machining chunks in the bowl.

On the one you bought last year did you find any "chad" or was it just the "glitter" Was it gold or silver? The parts are all washed after each process but when I see any "glitter" it is typically gold and from the dye used on the main body and has no affect whatsoever on performance. Keep in mind that all of the carburetors are flow tested and during this process is where the small amount of dye glitter comes from. I personally take quite a few apart though and very rarely find chads anymore but we are looking at some new media that may totally eliminate that issue as well.

Re: Holley Files bankrupt again - 10/01/09 08:25 PM

Quote:

Don't know much about Holley's situation but recently I decided to give Barry Grant another chance and it backfired on me.Having used BG's stuff for many years with great success about 6 years ago we had a rash of regulator issues,from missing parts to schrapnal,then came the crap in the carbs,followed buy a match set of flowed carbs for a blower application(nice paper work) but carbs were not even close,not even jetting,followed up by a BG400 that almost cost me my Hemi race car.It's still setting on the shelf as a reminder.At the Mopar Nat's I needed a new pump and bought a BG220 put it on and it peeed all over,got a second 220 to replace it and it did the same.I respect Barry Grant and what he has done for racing and his techonology is second to none but at this point my confidence level is quite low.On a positive note I have used his carbs on quite a few builds with great success after giving them my own"BG Treatment" or "BGR Treatment"Hopefully his product will regain my confidence in future,the man,Barry Grant will always have my respect.

Do you still have the 220 pumps? If so we need to get them corrected for you since it should have been a warranty issue and you can send them in along with a copy of this thread to the attention of the tech department.

How long has it been since you last tried our carbs and had to go into them?

Re: Holley Files bankrupt again - 10/01/09 10:35 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Do you still have the 220 pumps? If so we need to get them corrected for you since it should have been a warranty issue and you can send them in along with a copy of this thread to the attention of the tech department.

It has been 4 years since I have tried any BG stuff,the 220 were this year about a month ago.My supplier told me to send them to BG for warranty but recalling a warranty issue from 4 years ago I told him he could deal with it since the last warranty job that was done through a BG dealer cost me the same as a new 400 pump would have cost and the didn't fix the pump.It was returned in the same condition that almost cost me my Race car.That's the one one the shelf that is in plain sight to remind me. After being snake bit a few times,I'am very careful.Also I delt with Barry himself on a 1100 CFM dominator years ago that he said would be my ticket on my Hemi.At the time it was $1200 and the agreement was that if it didn't do what he said I would get 100% of my money back.Well,I went for it and loss 2tenths on my car,loaned to another racer with a 500" wedge and he lost over 2tenths,and tried it yet on another wedge with the same results.Needless to say he got his carb and I got my money back.My stock Holly 1250 dominator with my tweaking is a 1/2 second faster that is on the car now.Don't take this as bashing BG at all it's the plain and simple race experience from the real world.As I have said before I have great respect for Barry and his products and techonology and think he is an awsome person to have overcome so much and yet keeps on developing race engineered parts,his quality control and some of his workers need to be as deligent as Barry
Posted By: markz528

Re: Holley Files bankrupt again - 10/01/09 10:51 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

It has been 4 years since I have tried any BG stuff,the 220 were this year about a month ago.My supplier told me to send them to BG for warranty but recalling a warranty issue from 4 years ago I told him he could deal with it since the last warranty job that was done through a BG dealer cost me the same as a new 400 pump would have cost and the didn't fix the pump.It was returned in the same condition that almost cost me my Race car.That's the one one the shelf that is in plain sight to remind me. After being snake bit a few times,I'am very careful.Also I delt with Barry himself on a 1100 CFM dominator years ago that he said would be my ticket on my Hemi.At the time it was $1200 and the agreement was that if it didn't do what he said I would get 100% of my money back.Well,I went for it and loss 2tenths on my car,loaned to another racer with a 500" wedge and he lost over 2tenths,and tried it yet on another wedge with the same results.Needless to say he got his carb and I got my money back.My stock Holly 1250 dominator with my tweaking is a 1/2 second faster that is on the car now.Don't take this as bashing BG at all it's the plain and simple race experience from the real world.As I have said before I have great respect for Barry and his products and techonology and think he is an awsome person to have overcome so much and yet keeps on developing race engineered parts,his quality control and some of his workers need to be as deligent as Barry

I don't want this to turn into a BG bashing, but I have to say that my BG280 worked well for a year until I had the car on a chassis dyno. Second run it started spewing fuel.

They fixed it, and it started cavitating. Fixed it again and the whole system went into resonance with fuel spitting instead of flowing in the range my car ran (was fine at full flow). Resonance wiped out several gauges. They couldn't fix it so they sent me a new pump and it did the same. Finally they gave me a BG400 and it has worked well, but it cost me a fortune in all new braided lines.

Also the regulator was incorrectly assembled at BG.

Have to say the customer service was outstanding, but it cost me a lot of money.

I hope for the best for Holley. I think they are a good and very important supplier for our racing industry. Plus they have Monte!

Re: Holley Files bankrupt again - 10/02/09 12:25 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

You had me right up to the point that you tried to say the repair on a 400 pump cost as much as a new one. I have seen others post this only to have us find out who they were and pull the paperwork to show otherwise. I am sorry you had problems with our products but that statement is simply not true in that a new 400 pump sells for over 400.00 and the most a full rebuild on one costs is 179.00 plus shipping which is less then half of the cost of a new one. Guess that is part of the problems brought on by the internet now though as people can post whatever and others believe everything they read. 4 years ago prob no chance for us to find the paperwork but 400 repairs have always been no more then 1/2 the cost and there has been no price increase in them. A full bottom end rebuild is 125.00 and if it needs a motor it is another 54.00 which is where the 179.00 figure comes in.Who was the supplier on the 220's? You can pm me if you dont wish to post it.

Re: Holley Files bankrupt again - 10/02/09 02:37 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

You had me right up to the point that you tried to say the repair on a 400 pump cost as much as a new one. I have seen others post this only to have us find out who they were and pull the paperwork to show otherwise. I am sorry you had problems with our products but that statement is simply not true in that a new 400 pump sells for over 400.00 and the most a full rebuild on one costs is 179.00 plus shipping which is less then half of the cost of a new one. Guess that is part of the problems brought on by the internet now though as people can post whatever and others believe everything they read. 4 years ago prob no chance for us to find the paperwork but 400 repairs have always been no more then 1/2 the cost and there has been no price increase in them. A full bottom end rebuild is 125.00 and if it needs a motor it is another 54.00 which is where the 179.00 figure comes in.Who was the supplier on the 220's? You can pm me if you dont wish to post it.

Well now you show your true colors by insinuating that I lied about the cost of repair your dealer charge me.Would you like me to post the the $378 bill.We at BGR keep good business records also.You "had me" thinking why not mend a broken fence right up until your last post.You just told me why not to. Thanks,Bob George@BGR

Re: Holley Files bankrupt again - 10/02/09 03:43 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Well now you show your true colors by insinuating that I lied about the cost of repair your dealer charge me.Would you like me to post the the $378 bill.We at BGR keep good business records also.You "had me" thinking why not mend a broken fence right up until your last post.You just told me why not to. Thanks,Bob [Email]George@BGR[/Email]

No true colors at all as I am always transparent wherever I post. You have stated you were charged the cost of a new pump for repairs and I have posted what the maximum charges are which are less then half so if somebody else charged you 378. then you have an issue with them and not us. I have researched the name you gave me on the 400 repair and I do not show them as a dealer nor have any history on them . I asked for a date when this occured to which I did not get an answer but will be glad to continue to investigate this on our end. As I stated in the pm if this guy was charged anything more then the 179.00 and shipping for the repair of your pump I will be more then glad to post our findings and an apology as well as trying to make it right.
Posted By: BDS871Cuda

Re: Holley Files bankrupt again - 10/02/09 04:06 PM

In the end the term bankrupt means somebody made
a bad choice. Now, somebody is going to get
screwed in the end plain and simple. No need to
sugar coat it. The big guy wins, the little guy
gets squashed.

As for Barry Grant INC. The need way better QC!
I've had 4 carbs and so far they have all worked
great. Some after I did a little fix'n on them.
Small parts missing here and there. I do like the
new Speed Demon 750 v.e. with annular boosters.
Way more mid range than the old carb.
On the street, thats what you want.

Re: Holley Files bankrupt again - 10/02/09 04:16 PM

Quote:

In the end the term bankrupt means somebody made
a bad choice. Now, somebody is going to get
screwed in the end plain and simple. No need to
sugar coat it. The big guy wins, the little guy
gets squashed.

As for Barry Grant INC. The need way better QC!
I've had 4 carbs and so far they have all worked
great. Some after I did a little fix'n on them.
Small parts missing here and there. I do like the
new Speed Demon 750 v.e. with annular boosters.
Way more mid range than the old carb.
On the street, thats what you want.

If you'll pm me some info on when they were purchased and what was missing I will pass it along to the department managers. Also if they had any stampings or paint mark would be helpful. If you get another one with an issue send me a pm so I can get some info from you and address it with those involved as well as getting you whatever is missing.
Posted By: Rug_Trucker

Re: Holley Files bankrupt again - 10/02/09 04:26 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I've got the THERMOQUAD you requested all tweaked and shipped!

Don't thank me.

Re: Holley Files bankrupt again - 10/02/09 09:14 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Don't thank me.

I won't. Tquad is the one carb I consider a bigger piece of crap than a Barry Grant.

But they look good on you.
Posted By: Rug_Trucker

Re: Holley Files bankrupt again - 10/02/09 09:39 PM

Quote:

Don't thank me.

I won't. Tquad is the one carb I consider a bigger piece of crap than a Barry Grant.

But they look good on you.

Posted By: BDS871Cuda

Re: Holley Files bankrupt again - 10/03/09 05:11 AM

If you'll pm me some info on when they were purchased and what was missing I will pass it along to the department managers. Also if they had any stampings or paint mark would be helpful. If you get another one with an issue send me a pm so I can get some info from you and address it with those involved as well as getting you whatever is missing.

I called the tech line a BG just two weeks ago.
It was a missing a C clip and a little V.S. stuff.
I was going to fix it myself but the tech said to
ship it back. I wasn't going to pay back shipping
on a new carb out of the box. So I sent it back to
Jegs. Now I have a another new one. So far so good.

The other carb was the 825 Race Demon. I thought
it was a bad front bowl, and the tech says send it back. Again I prefer to fix it myself rather
that pay shipping both ways and buy extra parts I
don't need. Come to find out it's a odd sized
pin holding the float in. Over time it would not stay in the slot. I go to the local parts store
and get a pin as close to the size as what should
be in there. With a little cutting down and fine
sanding it to fit, now the float works great.

I still think 9 out of 10 items purchased today are junk or bad Q.C. and will not last 2 years.

Example: My Sony DVR player is just shy of 2
years old and the P.O.S. is junk already.
It will cost more to fix than to get a new one.

I can get out the old Kodak Brownie 300 film
projector, and toss on the old 8 MM film and
for a machine that's over 50 years old, it runs
just as good as when it was new.

I like my new Speed Demon 750 V.E. annular booster
carb. Again the midrange is great.

Make a good product and you will make good money.

Re: Holley Files bankrupt again - 10/03/09 10:13 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Well now you show your true colors by insinuating that I lied about the cost of repair your dealer charge me.Would you like me to post the the $378 bill.We at BGR keep good business records also.You "had me" thinking why not mend a broken fence right up until your last post.You just told me why not to. Thanks,Bob [Email]George@BGR[/Email]

Adam,Thanks for taking the time to speak with me directly yesterday.After our lengthy discussion and exchange of issues and concerns I feel that after providing you with details you understand my concerns and I can see that some of the issues could have resulted from 3rd partys and not BG directly.I'am sure that not everyone is going to be happy and you will continue to try and support your company.It was great talking with you and sharing information and knowledge.I will be sending you the 400 for your assesment and repair.Barry should appreciate your efforts and your balls for jumping into the frey on sites with open forums to defend and try to retify issues both real and imagined.Good luck and thanks again for taking the time to discuss my issues and concerns. As always,conversation between two people is an exchange of ideas and knowledge,argument is an exchange of ignorance.
Posted By: moper

Re: Holley Files bankrupt again - 10/03/09 02:58 PM

Tech, Sorry I was away from this post for a while. As I recall it was predominently silver, and is size from something like .015 accross to graphite looking film. I would accept off colr because it means little. But when there's gunk bigger than a fuel filter will catch, that to me spells trouble with small air bleeds and passages to get thru.

Out of curiousity... What excatly is the wet flow testing process? What fluid is run? Why would there be any solids in it? What determines what passes and what doesnt? It seems with the repeated processes to find issues you guys should have warehouses full of product to fix BEFORE shipping. Or is this a 5% testing type situation where not every part is tested?
Posted By: SomeCarGuy

Re: Holley Files bankrupt again - 10/03/09 03:33 PM

Did we...did we...just...witness...some customer service???????????????

Instead of dis-service?

Re: Holley Files bankrupt again - 10/03/09 03:41 PM

Quote:

Instead of dis-service?

yes, i think we did, along with a bit of "bashing" from some that complain about others that "bash"
so i guess we witnessed hypocrisy too.
Posted By: 1Fast340

Re: Holley Files bankrupt again - 10/03/09 04:29 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Instead of dis-service?

yes, i think we did, along with a bit of "bashing" from some that complain about others that "bash"
so i guess we witnessed hypocrisy too.

and also some stuff gone oftopic like always
Posted By: Quicktree

Re: Holley Files bankrupt again - 10/03/09 04:48 PM

bashing is Ok as long as you don't make money off the people you bash

Re: Holley Files bankrupt again - 10/05/09 02:51 PM

Quote:

it was a bad front bowl, and the tech says send it back. Again I prefer to fix it myself rather
pin holding the float in. Over time it would not stay in the slot. I go to the local parts store

I still think 9 out of 10 items purchased today are junk or bad Q.C. and will not last 2 years.

Typically when there is more then 1 part missing or a major component with issues the guys have been trained to get the carb back here just to make sure there is nothing else wrong with it and also to have it ran across the flow bench again for safety sake. We do pay the shipping back but like everybody elses warranty policy the customer pays it in. Should you have an issue down the road with another one let my know and I'll see what I can do.

Re: Holley Files bankrupt again - 10/05/09 03:01 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Adam,Thanks for taking the time to speak with me directly yesterday.After our lengthy discussion and exchange of issues and concerns I feel that after providing you with details you understand my concerns and I can see that some of the issues could have resulted from 3rd partys and not BG directly.I'am sure that not everyone is going to be happy and you will continue to try and support your company.It was great talking with you and sharing information and knowledge.I will be sending you the 400 for your assesment and repair.Barry should appreciate your efforts and your balls for jumping into the frey on sites with open forums to defend and try to retify issues both real and imagined.Good luck and thanks again for taking the time to discuss my issues and concerns. As always,conversation between two people is an exchange of ideas and knowledge,argument is an exchange of ignorance.

Same here and nice talking with you as well. Sounds like you guys have some really neat stuff and glad we were able to figure out what happened with most of the issues.We'll see what's going on with the 400 and get it back to original condition.

Thanks for the compliments and you're right, we will not always make everyone happy but will continue to try and at least we are on the boards where most of the others are not. Will get back in touch once I get your pump in my hands and take it apart.

Re: Holley Files bankrupt again - 10/05/09 03:09 PM

Quote:

Tech, Sorry I was away from this post for a while. As I recall it was predominently silver, and is size from something like .015 accross to graphite looking film. I would accept off colr because it means little. But when there's gunk bigger than a fuel filter will catch, that to me spells trouble with small air bleeds and passages to get thru.

Out of curiousity... What excatly is the wet flow testing process? What fluid is run? Why would there be any solids in it? What determines what passes and what doesnt? It seems with the repeated processes to find issues you guys should have warehouses full of product to fix BEFORE shipping. Or is this a 5% testing type situation where not every part is tested?

The fluid has the same properties as fuel but it not flammable and every carburetor is ran through the process at least once. Idle fuel percentages and wot percentages are checked as well as setting float levels,mixture screws , initial butterfly settings and checking for leaks. If an issue is found it is then sent back ,corrected and then re-flowed before leaving.

In regards to the rate with issues we actually have less then 1% of warranty returns which is good for this kind of industry. I think part of the problem you hear about us more then our competitors is the fact we are on the boards trying to help out whereas the other are not. I can search though and find lots of threads about rporblems with their products but since they are not posting you don't get the "pile on " effect.
Even with less then 1% you still have the human factor involved which is why we constantly monitor what is going on as well as implementind new qc procedures.

In the carburetors I have had apart I have not seen the silver that you talk about but have seen a little of the gold as mentioned. There should not be any solids in it but back a couple of years ago when we had the shavings issues we did see some of this from the filters getting clogged on the bench and bypassing them. We have not seen that though since making the changes but will keep an eye out for it.

Re: Holley Files bankrupt again - 10/05/09 03:21 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Typically when there is more then 1 part missing or a major component with issues the guys have been trained to get the carb back here just to make sure there is nothing else wrong with it and also to have it ran across the flow bench again for safety sake. We do pay the shipping back but like everybody elses warranty policy the customer pays it in. Should you have an issue down the road with another one let my know and I'll see what I can do.

then shouldn't you send a pick up lable at your cost and return it at your cost?

I have owned a few BG carbs and one thing I have seen is the metal in the main bofy is extremely soft and the threads can be stripped very easy.

Re: Holley Files bankrupt again - 10/05/09 08:18 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

then shouldn't you send a pick up lable at your cost and return it at your cost?

I have owned a few BG carbs and one thing I have seen is the metal in the main bofy is extremely soft and the threads can be stripped very easy.

Our warranty is no different then that of our competitors in that theirs all state the item must be returned with the shipping prepaid. This is also the norm in many other industires as well and some companies even make you jump through hoops just to send something back to look at period.

In regards to the metal in the main bodies we have always used quality U.S. zinc even when some of the others went to China for theirs. I think part of it has to do with the fact we use an allen head as opposed to a slotted screwdriver and you can apply more force but quite awhile back we did change over and start putting heli-coils in the main bodies to help eliminate this happening.

Re: Holley Files bankrupt again - 10/05/09 09:15 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

No true colors at all as I am always transparent wherever I post. You have stated you were charged the cost of a new pump for repairs and I have posted what the maximum charges are which are less then half so if somebody else charged you 378. then you have an issue with them and not us. I have researched the name you gave me on the 400 repair and I do not show them as a dealer nor have any history on them . I asked for a date when this occured to which I did not get an answer but will be glad to continue to investigate this on our end. As I stated in the pm if this guy was charged anything more then the 179.00 and shipping for the repair of your pump I will be more then glad to post our findings and an apology as well as trying to make it right.

So you cant find the paper..."It must be a lie"
Better watch what you say about Bob George....you dont want to open this can of worms..trust me

I currently will be running a BG Fuel pump and regulator. I have not owned one of these before...I also have had good luck with the BG line of carbs.
BTW
Its nice that you are listening to people, and have concerns about customer care.. This will have a good outcome..
I know its hard to make every customer happy, the customer like there opinions and suggestions to be known..

Re: Holley Files bankrupt again - 10/05/09 09:16 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Our warranty is no different then that of our competitors in that theirs all state the item must be returned with the shipping prepaid. This is also the norm in many other industires as well and some companies even make you jump through hoops just to send something back to look at period.

In regards to the metal in the main bodies we have always used quality U.S. zinc even when some of the others went to China for theirs. I think part of it has to do with the fact we use an allen head as opposed to a slotted screwdriver and you can apply more force but quite awhile back we did change over and start putting heli-coils in the main bodies to help eliminate this happening.

how about exceeding what the competition does? thats what I would do if it were my company. if you have a problem with your product why should the buyer be responsible for shipping?

Re: Holley Files bankrupt again - 10/05/09 09:39 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Better watch what you say about Bob George....you dont want to open this can of worms..trust me

I currently will be running a BG Fuel pump and regulator. I have not owned one of these before...I also have had good luck with the BG line of carbs.
BTW
Its nice that you are listening to people, and have concerns about customer care.. This will have a good outcome..
I know its hard to make every customer happy, the customer like there opinions and suggestions to be known..

Bob all is good,Adam and I discussed at length all my issues and how things transpired.He was only going on his best assumption and the records he has.We all know when we assume we only make an azz of u and me.We have all the business records dating back quite a few years and all partys are still alive and well.Although I'am an older "gentlemen" my mind is still intact.In my early post I didn't detail every chapter and verse as I did in private PMs and conversation with Adam.Again I commend Adam for having the balls to jump in the frey and defend Barry Grant Co. and for trying to help those with issues.I appreciate him taking the time to get to the facts of my issues and will "give him the benifit of the doubt" and maybe draw me back to Barry Grant products.I will let all my friends know how it works out.As for my honesty,integrity and professionalism which most know me for,I will never falter from defending it.Our character speaks volumes of who we are and I feel mine speaks for myself. Again thanks Adam Campbell at BG,the 400 went out today.

Re: Holley Files bankrupt again - 10/06/09 07:12 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

BTW

Not al all, I called Bob and we discussed what may have happened and as I told him by phone I have no doubt that he has all the documents to backup what he posted but also as he posted a lot of this was through 3rd parties and in the case of the pump he may have been the victim of the 3rd part especially based on what the guy charged him. I'll take a look at the pump myself when it comes back and will have some answers at that point so Bob knows exactly what happened and we will get him back to square one with it.

Thanks for the compliment and as posted here and on other forums this is something we have done for a few years now to add one more step in the customer service process as a lot of times we will hear about problems from internet posters that we may never hear by phone or email or through our dealer network.
Posted By: cuda66318

Re: Holley Files bankrupt again - 10/07/09 09:09 PM

All this bashing, sniveling and whining is one of the reasons I just stay away from all these boards.

Do you guys think that BG is the only one that has issues with QC...NOT. Every single part we use or sell has to be checked, repaired cleaned before it can ever be installed or sold to a customer. I would estimate that no less than 35% of every part we check has some sort of issues, some very small and some just rediculous.

I've been selling, repairing, serviceing and modifying BG Carbs since they came to market and have shipped them to 23 countries around the World. Yes they may have a few issues, not an issue to the end user when you buy from a competent, knowledgable retailer who checks this stuff out before he slaps a UPS label on it, grabs your money and refers you to the factory 3000 miles away when you have a problem.

We pretty much only sell the Mighty Demons and Race Demons now and everyone of them gets stripped down inspected and a good baseline setting put on it to be sure it'll fire up and run when the customer gets it.

We have only returned 2 Mighty Demons in the last ...guessing ....15 years? Those 2 had issues that we couldn't fix here in our shop, that's 2 out of maybe 3-4000 Carburetors? I wish I could say that about some of the other junk that we fight with daily.

Most of the MD's we sell now are our modified versions and we have a compiled a long list of very happy customers over the past 3 years.

BG Carbs have some small issues on occasion, we know what to look for and how to quickly fix those problems as they arise. We very seldon whine or snivel to the factory and if we find issues we simply advise our contact and they are always prompt and happy to send us a bag full of small parts to be sure we can fix any future issues.

We basically have a ZERO return or warranty rate on Mighty Demon carbs. Our techline calls on our Modified MD's are 1/10th what they are on the stock ones and that's because we know how to set up the air bleeds and baseline a carburetor properly to the application before it's ever bolted to a manifold.

The biggest issues we run into are not the carburetor but the ignition timing events that cause most of the problems. At least 1/2 our carb sales go out the door with a distributor recurve, that package has proved to be virtually flawless.

As I state in my book at least a 1/2 dozen times "Ignition 1st and then Carburetion." Everyone always wants to point their finger at the carburetor, but when your pointing your finger at that carb, remember there's 3 fingers pointing right back at "YOU".

Here a link to a 12 minute movie that goes through the basic set up of a new carb:

http://www.4secondsflat.com/DEMON_0001.wmv

Take 12 minutes of your time and watch it, hopefully it'll help, it sure can't hurt.

Re: Holley Files bankrupt again - 10/07/09 09:48 PM

Quote:

All this bashing, sniveling and whining

Really?
I assume your saying that its not OK to voice any opinions, or have complaints...And also while I am at it, throw in a quick sales pitch? LOL OK Pot.... meet kettle...

Quote:

is one of the reasons I just stay away from all these boards.

Really? Cause all the bashing, sniveling and whining hu?
Or is cause of the continuous sales pitches, and free advertising, they felt like you should be paying like other site sponsors and decided to kick you off? (Mopar Chat years, and years ago)

Im not trying to stir the pot just calling like i see it.
But coming on a board this way pointing fingers doesn't help or solve anything...never know Might be counter Productive.

Kudo's for BG Tech

Re: Holley Files bankrupt again - 10/07/09 09:51 PM

what we need is to learn exactly how the intermediate circuit works. then we can see how to correct the problem. I bought the billet blocks for mine and thought they had eliminated it. but come to find out they didn't, just recureved the circuit.

Re: Holley Files bankrupt again - 10/07/09 10:40 PM

Quote:

Quote:

All this bashing, sniveling and whining

Really?
I assume your saying that its not OK to voice any opinions, or have complaints...And also while I am at it, throw in a quick sales pitch? LOL OK Pot.... meet kettle...

Quote:

is one of the reasons I just stay away from all these boards.

Really? Cause all the bashing, sniveling and whining hu?
Or is cause of the continuous sales pitches, and free advertising, they felt like you should be paying like other site sponsors and decided to kick you off? (Mopar Chat years, and years ago)

Im not trying to stir the pot just calling like i see it.
But coming on a board this way pointing fingers doesn't help or solve anything...never know Might be counter Productive.

Kudo's for BG Tech

Well put Bob,what everyone always complained about,everytime there is an issue some manufactures and suppliers want to blame it on the customer.Not saying in a lot of cases that the problem is not self inflicted or based on not having the knowledge or ability to solve the problem or in some cases caused by a 3rd party.But here's where the oppertunity for the manufacture or supplier get to be the hero and help the end user,who then becomes a loyal user and promoter of said product.This is exactly what Adam at BG is trying to promote,a great customer relationship.If I hadn't aired my issues here Adam and BG would never have known of BGR and why we quit using BG products.After lengthy and productive discussions I have decided that Adam and BG care about their customers and their reputation and are willing to take the time and expound the effort to bring to an amicable resolution any issues that are their valid issues.The attitudes have to take a back seat to be able to solve the issues.For some one to come hear and belittle any member and put themselves on some kind of elite pedestal and claim they are the Messiah or fix all is just asking for critizism and disrespect.I don't know them,don't dislike them but from their presentation here I don't think I would do business with them.I like Adams approach and think I will establish a better relationship dealing with him and BG direct. P.S.Don,if all the bashing,sniveling and whining kept you off the site,why are you here?Are you saying that you fix BG products that are substandard and we should buy them from you? Or is business just slow and your taking advantage of an oppertunity to blow your horn? At any rate you took the wrong approch.Thanks but no thanks,even though your little video gave me a chuckle.

Re: Holley Files bankrupt again - 10/13/09 03:02 PM

Quote:

Ok guys... I have this carb here that we are getting bashed over and will post some pictures if it will let me.

We don't mind trying to help wherever possible but dont try to put one over on us or screw us. I was told in a pm that this carb was a couple of years old and only ran for 30 minutes.

It get here and we have not even made the bowls that were on it for close to 5 years not to mention the fact is is black inside and covered outside with dirt , grease and oil.

We put it on our flow bench and the idle fuel was over 100% so I took it apart and found the power valve gasket was not centered when they changed the pv and was hanging out. It also had 2 brass restrictors that had been added to the primary idle air bleeds that should have been added to the idle feed restrictors instead and the primary jetting had been reduced by 10 numbers and the rears by 5.

Although this carburetor should have been rebuilt at the customers exspense we fixed the problems above, resized the idle air bleeds in it and returned the jetting tot he stock calibration and it now has 82% idle fuel and 230 at wot which is within new specs. We did this at no charge.

The poster has been told both by myself and the tech he spoke with yesterday that this carb is too big for his 440 as it will flow over 1000 cfm.

It is NOT going to run right on this combination regardless of tuning and belongs on something 500 inches or larger to which we were told that they would post we did not fix the carb. Go ahead as I believe we have gone way above what was required to begin with in this situation.

Attached picture 5542512-DSC_0042.jpg

Re: Holley Files bankrupt again - 10/13/09 03:05 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Ok guys... I have this carb here that we are getting bashed over and will post some pictures if it will let me.

We don't mind trying to help wherever possible but dont try to put one over on us or screw us. I was told in a pm that this carb was a couple of years old and only ran for 30 minutes.

It get here and we have not even made the bowls that were on it for close to 5 years not to mention the fact is is black inside and covered outside with dirt , grease and oil.

We put it on our flow bench and the idle fuel was over 100% so I took it apart and found the power valve gasket was not centered when they changed the pv and was hanging out. It also had 2 brass restrictors that had been added to the primary idle air bleeds that should have been added to the idle feed restrictors instead and the primary jetting had been reduced by 10 numbers and the rears by 5.

Although this carburetor should have been rebuilt at the customers exspense we fixed the problems above, resized the idle air bleeds in it and returned the jetting tot he stock calibration and it now has 82% idle fuel and 230 at wot which is within new specs. We did this at no charge.

The poster has been told both by myself and the tech he spoke with yesterday that this carb is too big for his 440 as it will flow over 1000 cfm.

It is NOT going to run right on this combination regardless of tuning and belongs on something 500 inches or larger to which we were told that they would post we did not fix the carb. Go ahead as I believe we have gone way above what was required to begin with in this situation.

Another picture

Attached picture 5542517-DSC_0044.jpg

Re: Holley Files bankrupt again - 10/13/09 03:07 PM

Last one for now.

Attached picture 5542521-DSC_0045.jpg

Re: Holley Files bankrupt again - 10/13/09 03:20 PM

Quote:

You care to explain why? I personally have run much larger carbs than this on a 440, and picked up a ton.
This past weekend I swapped out a 850HP holley and threw on a old 9375 1050 3 circuit dominator and the car picked up more than I would have ever dreamed.

That carb looks like a 850 Speed Demon Correct?
I know BG likes to select and choice carbs based solely on camshaft overlap, and engine size. But to say it flat out wont work is a bold statement. Im sure this will get technical with dynamic flow property jargon, how low vacuum signal will not emulsify the fuel properly etc...But the fact is people have been doing just this for decades with Holley carbs, myself included.
Care to explain?

BTW
I solute you for what your trying to do....
Thanks
Bob

Re: Holley Files bankrupt again - 10/13/09 03:23 PM

Quote:

Quote:

You care to explain why? I personally have run much larger carbs than this on a 440, and picked up a ton.
This past weekend I swapped out a 850HP holley and threw on a old 9375 1050 3 circuit dominator and the car picked up more than I would have ever dreamed.

I know BG likes to select and choice carbs based solely on camshaft overlap, and engine size. But to say it flat out wont work is a bold statement. Im sure this will get technical with dynamic flow property jargon, how low vacuum signal will not emulsify the fuel properly etc...But the fact is people have been doing just this for decades with Holley carbs, myself included.
Care to explain?

BTW
Thanks
Bob

heck I am doomed then the 1050 dominator on my 360 probably wont make it down the track

Re: Holley Files bankrupt again - 10/13/09 03:59 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Care to explain?

BTW
Thanks
Bob

That part of where the problem begins in that our stuff will flow a lot more then the Holley counter parts. The 850 Holley flows pretty close to that number and is a good size for a 440 but our 850 as pictured with the down leg boosters will flow a little over 1000 cfm.

You are correct in that it can get real technical because it does involve signal and the ability to pull fuel through the booster but I'll simplify it with an example. Take one of the sand hour glass deals that you turn over and the sand passes through it. It is wide at the top and narrows in the center, this can be compared to how the venturi shape and size works. It takes a little time for the sand to pass...correct? Now imagine opening the id on the center where it narrows a good bit and watch how the sand passes through it. On a smaller carburetor it has more od an hourglass shape to the venturi which keeps the air speed up which in turn keeps the signal strong. As you make the venturi larger [aka our 850] the point at where the venturi narrows is much flatter so on the same size engine as the smaller carb the signal would be slower causing it not to pull enough fuel thus why we want to see more cubic inches as we get larger.

Signal alone though is not simply controled by venturi size which is why some of you guys can get away with larger carburetors on smaller engines. Other factors like compression , cyclinder head size and flow as well as the camshaft and engine rpm all have to be taken into account. Other things like vehicle weight , trans , converte tire and gear size also. A lighter car can get away with a bigger carburetor because the load is different thus having a different signal.

You were also correct in that our carbs are rated around duration as well in that as the duration gets larger the amount of signal can decrease so the calibration and even in some cases the location of the bleeds have to be changed to compensate for this.

Re: Holley Files bankrupt again - 10/13/09 04:03 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Care to explain?

BTW
Thanks
Bob

heck I am doomed then the 1050 dominator on my 360 probably wont make it down the track

As mentioned every application will be different and all of the combination has to be looked at as to whether a particular carb will work or not. Others like to put the biggest carb they have on a motor when they dyno it because it makes more power on the dyno but this may not translate into what occurs when it goes into the car.

If you look at the example above where I was talking about the hourglass effect you actually have more of this with a 4500 series then an 850 as you now have a 2 inch butterfly with the venturi radius more then the 1.560 found on the 850. I have seen guys with little motors and 2 dominators that ran well but the motor had a lot of compression , lots of rpm and the vehicle was on the light side. Every combination will be different and what works for one may not work for another.

Re: Holley Files bankrupt again - 10/13/09 04:13 PM

The other thing to notice about this carburetor [and I am not trying to pick on these guys] is how black the venturi area and boosters are and the amount of build up. This comes over a lot of use but is usually the sign of an ignition or timing issue. Typically when we see that there is nowhere near enough base timing in the motor and the fuel is not being atomized properly as it leaves the booster.I might also add that it can be camshaft related and/or form an engine that is not sealing well. Base ignition timing can be based off the cam duration at .050 but in some cases if the cam is really big it may need to be locked out.The majority of the time when you have a blackening above the butterflies the fuel is being blown back from the cylinder and up through the carb whether it be from lack of base timing or reversion.

Re: Holley Files bankrupt again - 10/13/09 05:14 PM

Adam,thanks for your time and effort to get to the resolution of my issues.The 400 got back to me yesterday,I was surprised at the quick service and turn around.Just to set the record straight,the bad repair was not in any way the fault of BG,It was the direct ripoff of a dealer or supplier.My apology to BG and my thanks to you Adam.

Re: Holley Files bankrupt again - 10/13/09 06:02 PM

Quote:

Adam,thanks for your time and effort to get to the resolution of my issues.The 400 got back to me yesterday,I was surprised at the quick service and turn around.Just to set the record straight,the bad repair was not in any way the fault of BG,It was the direct ripoff of a dealer or supplier.My apology to BG and my thanks to you Adam.

Thanks Bob and glad you and me were able to get to the bottom of it. If you need anything else just let me know.
Posted By: Kam*Kuda

Re: Holley Files bankrupt again - 10/13/09 07:01 PM

I got to say that this seems like really exceptional customer service.
Posted By: scottb

Re: Holley Files bankrupt again - 10/13/09 07:12 PM

I would like to say thank you to Adam he was a big help in fixing my brothers carb thanks again Adam great service
© 2024 Moparts Forums