The E-85 would be going the wrong way to try and get better fuel mileage right? From what I read thats the way I understand it. Higher octane but lower mileage. Would a later model roller cam 318 be a better start evan though its got the extra cubic inch to feed? Thinking this because I wonder does the roller cam's reduced friction offer anything in the way of mileage benifit? I take it cast cranks are lighter than the stock forged 273 unit? Run the 273 full floater rods they should be lighter than the later model versions I believe. If you need a good stock set you can have the stock rods from my 67 318. What about 2.4 rear gears like in the late model 8 1/4. Man with an overdrive you could get that thing to idle at highway speeds. I know the KB Hyper pistons are almost 100 grams lighter than a stock piston so you'll shake some weight there too. Can you get a stock air cleaner for a 4 barrel Cordoba maybe and use the fresh air pipe and route it somehow on the Cuda to grap cool outside air for it? If you ran an old Edlebrock performer intake don't they have the correct choke well for a Thermoquad? Does reducing oil windage offer any mileage? Just some more thoughts. Sounds like a cool experiment.