I have a 273 sitting out back seasoning and thought it would be fun to build it to get the best possible gas miledge and slide it in the 68 cuda for a while. Heres what I was thinking,

.060 over bore
cheap light weight I beam rods.
Cast crank, turned down to balance it.
Custom light weight pistons Zero decked
Coated on top and skirts
Stock Magnum heads
318 2bbl cam or shorter duration if some one knows one, mabey even custom.
Windage tray.
800 cfm Thermo-quad
Offy dual port intake
Screens over intake ports
195 t-stat
2.76 gears
A-500 trans

I think the heads will fit with no bore notches if I turn the valves to 1.88 diameter(the seat on these heads are way in from the edge of the valve) The one side will be shrouded but that should help swirl everything up.

The cam needs to be the shortest duration I can find to build tons of vaccume. And also the mag rockers 1.6 ratio will help the lift a hair to help it make a little bit of power any how.

I have TTI headers for the car any how so that should help.

Any one has any suggestions feel free to throw in your

It currently has a 318 low comp open chamber headed 2bbl and gets 22mpg high way and 18 intown. The goal would be ultimate miledge and any HP it can make without sacrificeing MPG would just be a nice bonus.

One more thing, I may bump the comp up a bunch and run it on e-85. Havent decided on that one yet, the other choice would be pump 93 octane.

Last edited by hotroddave40; 01/30/08 12:37 AM.

I am not causing global warming, I am just trying to hold off a impending Ice Age!