Quote:

I've been reading alot of books and message boards about which small block mopar heads flow more and cost less. I've come to the conclusion on 3 heads well 4 i guess. Engine Quest magnums, RHS Magnum/LA heads, Magnum R/T and the W-2 heads.

EQ heads flow good, you can get the intake bolts for Magnum or LA style intake's but you have to run magnum rocker arms & pushrods.

RHS you can order either Magnum or LA heads that use their own valve train.

Magnum r/t heads flow good but better when opened up.

W-2 heads flow pretty good but cost alittle more.

In my opinion im stuck between EQ heads with LA intake bolt pattern and the RHS LA heads. Has anyone got Flow rates for the RHS heads yet? I've been trying now for about 2 weeks on the internet to find some.

ask and ye shall receive:

hughes RHS flow info

compare to hughes stock mag/enginequest/RT/LA head flow info

EQ's flow ~ 10% better OOTB than OEM mags, RHS's look to flow ~10% better than the EQ's OOTB. R/T's were discontinued a few years ago, so you'll have to find used or NOS.

hughes sells the eq's assembled with stock replacement valves and their #1110 spring package for $699. the cheapest they sell the RHS heads with identical springs/valves is $875. if you're on a budget, dunno if the extra flow is worth $175. that's the price of a cam/lifter package, or a reground roller cam, or near the price of a good magnum rocker arm setup (USA made scorpions).

one positive to the magnum rocker gear--nice rockers are MUCH cheaper than an LA/W2 setup. OEM mag rockers are carryover amc 290-401 parts, so aftermarket rockers for that app will work. Scorpion performance makes a direct replacement pedestal mount roller rocker for AMC's that you can get for under $250 (and made in the USA). or if you drill/tap the rocker mount holes to 3/8 or 7/16, any aftermarked small block chev or ford rocker will work. unless you want to go with the suspect offshore stainless rockers or aluminum rockers, you might have a hard time finding a good quality rocker for an LA for under $500.

you could add the edelbrock LA and mag heads into the mix, too. they're reasonable cost, and the mag heads are already set up for using 3/8" stud chev rockers, IIRC. hughes has flow data for them on their website, they flow about the same as the EQ heads on their bench:

hughes edelbrock flow

W2? probably closer to $800-1000 for rocker gear...and you need a W2 specific intake. I thought the new W2's available now can't use older W2 rocker gear, and the only company making rockers for them was jesel or T&D.

1976 Spinnaker White Plymouth Duster, /6 A833OD
1986 Silver/Twilight Blue Chrysler 5th Ave HotRod **SOLD!***
2011 Toxic Orange Dodge Charger R/T
2017 Grand Cherokee Overland
2014 Jeep Cherokee Latitude (holy crap, my daughter is driving)