A chevie friend has ran several Turbo charged combinations. He has several transmission options. He has tried the glide several times but says he cannot build boost quick enough with the glide. He often jokes and say he does not make enough power for a glide. He uses a turbo 400 with aftermarket ratio's. He has sense went to a crank driven blower and still runs the 400 but takes off in second now.

I would have no problem running a 727 with your combo. Tranzact has a new gear ratio available. No matter what you do if running a 727 I would recommend running a 1" spacer between the engine and transmission to allow room for a 1" deeper torque converter. I found when switching to a powerglide that the extra 1" in dept of the chevie derived converters is the secret of why these chevie transmissions seem to have so much popularity in the high HP ranks. If doing it all over I would still have a 727 in my car and possible with a stock ratio 2.44 first gear. Something to consider if running a 3 spd behind a turbo would be to have the 1st to 2nd gear change shifted in relation to boost and not RPM. Just a thought.

Leon

Career best 8.02 @ 169 at 3050# and 10" tires small block power.